cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get a WDC from a used DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a Development Component (say DCA), which contains a Web Dynpro Component (say WDCA). I have one more DC (say DCB) which contains a WDC (say WDCB).

WDCA is exposed a public part in DCA.

Now I declared DCA as used DC in DCB. When I went to WDCB, and trying to add WDCA as used WDC, WDCA is not listed.

I've tried all possible solutions like, reloading, rebuilding, closing the NWDS, removeing the gen files, . . .

But I'm unable to see WDCA in the list of used WDCs for WDCB.

It's urgent. Kindly help

RK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha,

When I was working in WebDynpro i faced the same problem.

But I was able to solve it.

Create application in both the DC's.Deploy and run your applications seperately.

got to DC-MetaData->DC Definition ->used DC's->right click add used dc->select your component which should be added->select design time,build time,deploy time ,run time in dependancy type->select dropdown strong->click finish.

Here is the bug.Used DC's will not add the Components properly.you have to do it one or more times to make sure it is added properly.Even if it is added WDCA ,it will not show there in WDCB.for that try again and again.

Now right click your projects(DCA & DCB)->repair->project structure and classpath->reload and rebuild again->deploy both the applications and run it seperately.

if it doesnt work try it by closing on of the projects.\

some times closing and opening of the projects works.

try these steps..if still its not working let me know.

after closing and opening of the projects it worked for me.

Regards,

Karthick Eswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Yashpal

Both the DCs are building properly. Even I activated the changes of DCA in DTR also.

@Karthick

I have tried out the options said by you already. But today I again tried thrice. But nothing is progressing.

I had repaired the classpath, closed the project, closed the NWDS, . . .

I have one doubt here. While adding DCA as used DC to DCB:-

I have choosen the active tab, selected the track, when I expanded the DCA -> Public Part there was nothing. But when I exapnded other DC (say DCX) it had Entities in the PP.

Is there something I'm missing while creating the PP in DCA?

When I created the PP in DCA, it had an entity in PP.

Kindly help its very urgent.

Thanks and regards

Radha Krishna .B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try the following steps.

1.Declare the component that you want to re-use as the Public-Part.

2.Build the DC to which the component belongs to.

3.Access the same in the DC where you want to access it.

Go to Used DCs and choose the public part available under the Inactive DCs.

Bala

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha,

Have you tried as Bala said.."Go to Used DCs and choose the public part available under the Inactive DCs."

Is it working fine now?or still youare facing the same problem?

Regards,

Karthick

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

try to create the public part from the Dc Defination-public parts -add public parts-select the componetent and then create .check in the public partname-entities-compname is present or not ....

in the useddc remove the old one and again add it and do same to component

Regards,

yashpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yashpal,

Thanks a lot for looking @ my post.

I have tried exactly what you have told.

I went to DC Metadata -> Public Parts of DCA and created a new PP for WDCA. When I expanded the entities node of PP WDCA ws present.

I went to DCB and declared DCA as used DC. While declaring as used DC I expanded the PP of DCA, there was nothing inside it.

RK

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think u r not properly building ur DCA right click on DCA ->developmentCOmponent->Build it then add in DCB.

Regards,

yashpal