Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

log file handling in BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to store the log message into a folder on aplication server of BDC process (either success or error msg).

Folder path is taken from the user, n i want to store these success n error msg logs into different folder(1 for success n 2nd for error) for this i think i need to create these 2 folders at run time n store logs in corresponding folder. Is it possible.. if yes thn please guide me.

Thanks in advance...

helpful answer will be rewarded.

Regard

Abhishek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try FM BRAN_DIR_CREATE to create a folder.

However consider - if the BDC is being run by many users, then they would need write access to the application server. This maybe isn't good for security purposes...

If you just want to store the results of BDC for troubleshooting etc, then you could instead create a bespoke DB table and store the results there when they happen. Less involved than having lots of files sitting around...

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use the CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES using which you can upload the Files to the Application Server as well. Based on the Status (Success or Failure) you can use the CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>GUI_UPLOAD method to upload the File by specifying the Complete Path.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try FM BRAN_DIR_CREATE to create a folder.

However consider - if the BDC is being run by many users, then they would need write access to the application server. This maybe isn't good for security purposes...

If you just want to store the results of BDC for troubleshooting etc, then you could instead create a bespoke DB table and store the results there when they happen. Less involved than having lots of files sitting around...