Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer master record

satishkumar_kirla
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

while creating customer master data we need to give delivering plant in "XD01>sales area data >shipping".

My question is, for a given customer if im having more than one delivering plant where can i assign my delivering plant to customer as ther there only one delivering plant assigned.

If at all if i want my matierial to be delivered from a plant which not assigned in customer master wat are the implications??

Im a MM guy so plz give a comprehensive answer for my question.

regds

Kirla/IBM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your case is right. There can be more than one delivering plant for a customer. It can be due to proximity of the plant, availability of a product at a certain location, specific business reasons etc. The delivering plant will be chosen in the following priority order:

1) Check for plant on Customer Material Info record.

2) If (1) is unavailable, Check for delivering plant on Ship-to Customer Master record.

3) If (2) is unavailable, Check for delivering plant on Sales View of Material Master record.

If you have some specific logic for this, then you may use the Source Determination user exit in Sales Order processing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Prashanth

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have multiple plants from which you can deliver to customers, then you should only enter the delivering plant in customer master if you want deliver to this customer always thru this one plant.

However, this field is just a default for order creation.

If you create a sales order to this customer, and the delivering plant is maintained in customer master, then it will automatically default to the sales order (and can be changed there)

If the plant is not entered in the customer master, then nothing will default and your CSR has to decide about the delivering plant while entering the order.

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, maintain Customer-Material Info Record in VD51 and in the detailed screen, maintain the Delivering Plant.