Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new client in SAP IDES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

I'm currently working in SAP R/3 client 800 in IDES version.

Now I wanted to create a new client 810 . For this I have gone through many threads in SDN .

First I have checked in SCC4 and found that 810 is already available.

I want to login in 810 . I tried with SAP* and password as 'pass' . But I couldn't login .

Please help me out in this issue .

Thanks & Regards.

Anil kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

satsrockford
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

You can either use existing clients or you can create new clients by making copies of existing ones (for example, a copy of client 000 or a client of the International Demo and Education System (IDES)). To set up a new client, from the SAP standard menu choose Tools > Administration > Administration > Client administration > Client maintenance

regards

Satish

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

username and password are client dependent ,you have to ask your basis team to create an user name for you in client 810 so you can access it.

satsrockford
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

You can either use existing clients or you can create new clients by making copies of existing ones (for example, a copy of client 000 or a client of the International Demo and Education System (IDES)). To set up a new client, from the SAP standard menu choose Tools > Administration > Administration > Client administration > Client maintenance

regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that this thread is quite old and question answerd, but I want add one comment to it.

I tried with SAP* and password as 'pass' . But I couldn't login .

QUOTE form SAP help (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm)

"The user SAP* is inactive by default in a new client. To activate the user SAP*, set the profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0, and restart the application server."

This means, first set a proper parameter before you try to logon as SAP* into new client

regards

Rafal

former_member187692
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am sharing the steps by which I have created a new client 810 in SAP IDES.

(Client 810 is already existing in SAP, we need to assign the log on credentials )

1. First select the client 810 and give the username as  " sap*  " & password as " 06071992 " (default          password).

2. In the Easy access screen give the t-code as SU01  ( to create username & password ). Give the            username as " sapuser " and click on create button.

Here fill up the mandatory parameters in all the tabs.

->  In Address tab give the last name as "sapuser".

->  In Logon data tab give alias as "sapuser" & initial password as "password".

->  In profiles tab, give the profile name as "sap_all" and press enter. (Automatically the text will be               displayed).

3. Save it. and log off SAP.       

Again login with the below credentials

client:-       810

username:- sapuser

password:-  password

Then the system will ask you to enter a new password of your choice.

That's it.

New client is accessible with all authorizations.

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

HI all,

As a BASIS consultant I want to to execute the BASIS T-Codes like SCC4,SCCL,RZ11 ..

Let me know if its possible in IDES system

0 Kudos

Irrespective of Clients....if u get login problems .......Better to consult Admin basis......