cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation DB2 V9 as OEM customer

0 Kudos

hello,

has anyone allready installed DB2 for z/OS version 9 as OEM customer?

for version 8 we had no problems: we can use cppcsamp to receive it an then modify system layout and so on...

but in version 9 there is just an dump and we find no comfortabel way to change DS-names, Catalogs, Volumes, SMPE ...

there ist just on job to restore the whole dasd...

thanks in advance

Andi Nischwitz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andi, we are in contact with the IBM CustomPac Service and they will write a installation document that includes the necessary renames and jobs to use to ensure proper naming in the customers SMP/e environment. The IBM CustomPac Service told me: "Regarding question on how to update DDDEFS for SMP/e, is to use tailored UPDDDD member and customize it to do UPDATES DDDEFS IN THE GLOBAL, TARGET AND DLIB ZONES. In most cases that would be changing prefixes in the supplied JCL UPDDDD member to match renamed product library prefix in the restore ADRDSSU step.". Maybe this will help already. I hope to get the mentioned document during the next week. Thank you! With regards, Ralf.

Edited by: Ralf Marks on Oct 16, 2008 9:38 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Monika_Knauth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did a complete install of the OEM package and found it very unsatisfying and time consuming. To my opinion inexperienced users will hardly be able to install this way at all, or they have to use exact the naming conventions SAP forces them to.

I doubt that a documentation will solve this. I would rather see that the next version be delivered by standard IBM packaging (Server Pac), so one could use the standard dialogs for installation.

Best regards,

Monika Knauth

0 Kudos

Hello,

thats correct. But SAP seems to have problems to get an serverpac without any restrictions in time. They told us it is not possible to get an serverpac that can be installed at any time later.

By the way: be carefull to install all the ptf from the put-levels by SAP - PK70057 / UK39747 is in error and the resolving PK73379 is still not available. With this ptf installed some reorg jobs crashes...

best regards

Andi Nischwitz

Monika_Knauth
Explorer
0 Kudos

I cannot see any reason why this should not be possible. I have installed other packages from IBM that were ordered and downloaded to local file on our windows servers over a year ago.

Anyway, it is not a realistic approach that the customer should use those naming conventions on the original package and it means a lot of work to change these in the install jobs manually. I did not yet look at the "new" installation documentation, but it seems strange to me to have a standard install tool (CustomPac Dialog) which is very well known and very functionable, and not use it for this installation.

Best regards,

Monika Knauth

0 Kudos

Maybe it would be an good idea if someone else would ask the same questions as we did.

As you can see my contact on SAP side was Ralf Marks (first answer).

UK41960 (UK41961) is available since today - and the problem with terminating reorgs seems to be fixed.

best regards

Andi Nischwitz

thomas_vogt
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

Note [1270090 |http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1270090]describes the problem.

Regards,

Thomas