Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make previous values appear in a parameter in the selection screen ?

dev_parbutteea
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all. You might have seen this .When you run a program several times with different values on the selection screen, certain fields( e.g parameters) store the values.This way, then you type the first letter, you get a dropdown showing you your previous entries and you can select it from the dropdown.

Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is a feature of the GUI not something you code for.

Darren

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is a feature of the GUI not something you code for.

Darren

0 Kudos

Its unfortunate but I think that is something we cannot capture with coding......

Raghav

0 Kudos

The thing is on certain programs i get it but with the current one it does not. this is why i wanted to know why the difference...

0 Kudos

Parameter ID's?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the setting needs to be done of the GUI settings.

On the right hand side of the GUI, you can see options.

Pls check that options

Regards

Madhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

To enable this click on the graphical button ( Customize local layout ( Alt + f12 ) ) - > options -> Choose local data table then under history choose radio button immediately then choose apply . To make your previous value appear in any selection screen that you perviously type on your PC.

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

After executing ur report u will see selection screen.

here wat ever u want to enter details specify. Now click on SAVE button, it will ask a name for variant and Description.

Specify a related variant name and description and click enter.

now u execute ur report and come back to editor.

once again u run report. it will show the selection screen.

now u will see a small icon beside execute button, click on that icon u will see recently created variant. select it and click ok.

now automatically all the fields will be filled. now direclty click on execute button.

Regards,

shankar.