cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Problems installing Enhanced CTS (CTS+) on PI 7.1 System

mario_marschall
Participant
0 Kudos

After installing CTS on our PI-System (see ) I am finally able to select "CTS" as a transport option, but now I'm experiencing the next problem. When I try to export any object from Integration Builder (I tried the directory) I can open the CTS+ Browser and administrate my transport requests, but I can't select the request from the export window.

The error I get is "Cannot get default request (for applType: XI, user: xxx, sid: EXI, SC: 00000000000000000000000000000000), (service=com.sap.tms)"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

FrankMisch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

thanks for digging into the log

So my guess from above ('invalid system') had been close but not 100% correct

The message you found was

<code>JCoException: (126) INVALID_SYSTEM: System EXI nicht erlaubt, bitte Organizer Client im TMS konfigurieren.<code>

Therefore please check if you are using the same client in your RFC connection from XI to the ABAP backend as you have configured in the

transport tool parameters: client = 051. Both have to be identical.

If this fails please try to open the transport organizer within the SAP GUI of client 051 by

stms-> button open transport organizer web ui --> system EXI

Regards

Frank

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mario_marschall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

that was it, thanks. I wanted to run CTS+ with Client 000 at first and I didn't see this when I switched to 051. Once I corrected this setting, it all went fine.

Thanks again for all your help!

Regards

Mario

FrankMisch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

By the way: this hint can also be found in OSS note 1155884 step 7

FrankMisch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

thanks for opening a seperate thread for this

I would guess that behind the problem you find the root cause

<code>Caused by: com.sap.tc.di.draft.ts.TsExecutionException: Error

executing function (check stacktrace for details)

:CTS_WBO_GET_DEFAULT_REQUEST, (service=com.sap.tms)

Caused by: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (126) INVALID_SYSTEM: Invalid

or unknown system EXI.<code>

I you recommend to check whether the system EXI specified within the rfc destination of the source system is the right one.

The SID has to be the SID of the ESR source system (DEV). This is very likely not the domain controller.

Furthermore the JAVA stack of your ESR source system must be known to the domain controller.

How this is done is described in section 5.3 Maintain XI-Specific Parameters of DEV System in TMS of the guide.

Please assure that the source system is found there.

Again good luck!

Frank

mario_marschall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello again, Frank!

I assume you are talking about the sap.com/com.sap.tc.di.CTSserver-destination? I created this destination via Netweaver Administrator pointing to localhost, since it is running on EXI (our DEV-System), so this should be working.

And I checked again, the Java-Stack is already configured on the domain controller according to the guide...

Regards

Mario

FrankMisch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

assume you are talking about the sap.com/com.sap.tc.di.CTSserver-destination?

Yes.

pointing to localhost, since it is running on EXI (our DEV-System)

I assume that you used an explicit server name like abc123 instead of the expression +localhost* (which works fine at some other location)

and that the logon group public is available on EXI. If so then the root cause in the log would be interesting.

If you are familiar with the log viewer of the nw administrator then I would recommend to search there for expression Cannot get default request there.

The stack trace of this message should contain more details.

Additionally you could check in the domain controller whether the system had been registered in the right way by stms --> system overview --> double click on EXI --> Transport Tool . There you should find the entry NON_ABAP_WBO_CLIENT. If not then the wizard for the registration of the Java Stack has to be

executed as described in the guide.

Furthermore I would recommend to execute the self test stms --> system overview --> select EXI -> menu SAP System --> Check --> Connection Test, Transport Directory and Transport Tool. To do so execute all three tests on EXI and on the domain controller in order to verify that the configuration is valid.

Regards

Frank

mario_marschall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I actually used the expression "localhost" (i.e. I checked "Local System Connnection", then "localhost" was inserted in grey) and the PUBLIC-Logon-group is available on EXI.

The Default Trace in the nwa shows the following:

Log Record Details    

Message: P4 Call execution: Exception in execute operation :<getCtsTransportRequests(com.sap.guid.IGUID,java.lang.String)> : Cannot get default request (for applType: XI, user: pr498cc, sid: EXI, SC: 00000000000000000000000000000000), (service=com.sap.tms) called from: 0 received from server id: -1 implementation on server id : -1 
Datum: 2008-10-08 
Uhrzeit: 11:30:24:692 
Kategorie: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server 
Ort: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.DispatchImpl.throwException(Exception) 
Anwendung:  
Thread: Thread[output,5,Dedicated_Application_Thread] 
Datenquelle: j2ee/cluster/server0/log/defaultTrace_00.trc 
Correlator ID: 5011293500002093980 
Argumentobjekte:  
Argumente:  
DSR-Komponente: s504eexiz1_EXI_501129350 
DSR-Transaktion: 99452750939111ddaa5a00144f5a21ba 
DSR-Benutzer:  
Nachrichtencode:  
Sitzung: 39859 
Transaktion:  
Benutzer: PR498CC 
Host: s504eexiz1 
System: EXI 
Instanz: DVEBMGS50 
Knoten: server0

I also checked the STMS-configuration again. NON_ABAP_WBO_CLIENT is avaible and pointing to the correct client. I also executed all three tests and they all returned a green check.

Regards

Mario

FrankMisch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

let's try one more thing before considering an OSS message

For the XI case usually the Transport Tool Parameter for CTS+ are configured in a way that the default request is

generated automatically if no request can be found. This can be turned on or off by the property WBO_GET_REQ_STRATEGY

as explained in chapter 5.3 of the how-to-guide (stms --> system overview --> double click on system --> transport tool --> adding of parameters).

Please set this property to SMART and try the export again. If you do not want to turn this feature on then you have

to create the request manually within the transport organizer web ui before you trigger the export. Therefore it would be

good to check the transport organizer web ui before starting the export (chapter 7.1 step 5) or via the XI menu tool -> open transport organizer

Regards

Frank.

mario_marschall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

thanks again, but WBO_GET_REQ_STRATEGY IS set to SMART and I did create a transport request in the organizer manually. Integration Repository just cannot access this request somehow. Any more ideas?

Regards

Mario

FrankMisch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did create the request by opening the transport organizer from within the XI transport wizard or from within the ABAP backend?

Please try to open it from within XI and check if you can see any transport request there. If not please try to create one.

If this is not possible then try to open the transport organizer web ui from within the XI menu tools/open transport organizer

If both fails then please post the exception text and try to open the transport organizer web ui from within the ABAP backend of

the system EXI (stms-> button open transport organizer web ui --> system EXI)

If you can find a request there then please verify that the owner name for the given request is spelled in the same way as the

login user name in XI.

Regards

Frank

mario_marschall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I created the request from within the XI transport wizard. My error message appears in step 3 of the wizard, after I selected the objects I'd like to transport.

Regards

Mario

mario_marschall
Participant
0 Kudos

I reproduced the error today and took a look at the Default Trace. Here's what I found:

Error executing function (check stacktrace for details):CTS_WBO_GET_DEFAULT_REQUEST 
[EXCEPTION]
 com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (126) INVALID_SYSTEM: System EXI nicht erlaubt, bitte Organizer Client im TMS konfigurieren.

The Organizer Client (051 in our case) is configured for System EXI with parameter NON_ABAP_WBO_CLIENT=051...