cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to invoke other dc in web dynpro dc

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, as we konw, we can invoke other dc using interface controller in 7.0. but in ce 7.1, i can not map data from component controller to interface controller,so when i embed component in other dc,i can not find anything in context of embeded component. how to do?thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

you have to use window controller.

its same, as interface view controller. you need to create same name of plug in interface view controller and window controller. or else it will give you errors. and after that you can do implementation in window controller as interface view controller is no longer available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks. but i don not catch what you say is to create the same plug as interface controller in window controller. i create data link from component controller to window controller and create a method in window controller to call the method in component contoller. at last , i put the component into the public part. but when i embeded the component in anthoer dc, i still can not see the attribute in the context of embeded component and i cant call the method. how should i do?thanks

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If you want to use view of other DC then.

1) create same plug in interfaceview controller and window controller.

2) Add component controller in public part.

3) use this in other DC project.

4) open window controller and say add embeded interface view.

If you want to use context and methods of other controller then

1) create the methods and contexts in your controller.

2) open graphics view of you component. there you will see to controller as

component controller and used component interface.

3) open usedcompinterface and

just create same name of methods and context.

4) whatever you add here when you expose your web dynpro comp as public part. you will be able to see in other DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi snehal,thank you, i solved my problem. i just add a method with the same name as i create in the component ctoller in interface view controller . and i can call it in another dc. but i do not know what the window controller is. it takes us the new features in web dynpro?thanks again

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes WD in CE is totally different that WD in 7.0, check the architecture of WD in CE,

if possible go through

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40af00ad-8080-2a10-88b5-cc4cec99...

Answers (0)