cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Plan Buffer between FOX and ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BPS Experts,

A fox function (FOX1) - which is started with a button in a webinterface - calls among other things an ABAP Function Module. Depending on parameters, the ABAP FM calls (API_SEMBPS_FUNCTION_EXECUTE) a FOX function (FOX2) which reposts data .

The issue is, that the data is correctly calculated by FOX, but not written into the plan buffer. The User can not see the data in the WebInterface (unless he refreshes the whole webinterface with F5 (and I saved the data to the Database before - see below)) - and if he saves, he saves an empty plan buffer to the database. In the ABAP coding I can Save Plan Data in the Database with API_SEMBPS_POST. This correctly posts the newly calculated data on the Database, but the User can still save his empty plan buffer to the database and overwrite the new data without realizing that. The isseu is that I can not Write Plan Data into the Buffer with API_SEMBPS_SETDATA because I dont have the nessecary data tables which are necessary for that.

Any Ideas how to solve that? Thanks in advance for sharing them. BR, Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

you must not use the API within any BPS planning functions or exits. The API will create its own plan data buffer which is not in sync with your BPS applications. Therefore the API is only relevant for other applications.

Try to solve it either with pure FOX or pure ABAP.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Answers (0)