Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg:alv tree Excel Download

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed an alv tree using oops, in which i have to incorporate the standard excel download functionality.

like whenever i clicked on the excel button, a popup should display the directory and file name to save the downloaded file .Suggest me how to proceed.

Thanks & Regards,

Padmasri.

Edited by: Padmasri on Oct 7, 2008 1:24 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When 'Save to local file' button pressed, you have to call method 'FILE_SAVE_DIALOG' in the class 'CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES'. Give the path where to store the file in the presentation server.

Thanks,

Phani Diwakar.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to develop separate functionality. It is available in ALV grid itself.

There is one 'Export' button on ALV menu bar.

plz follow-

click 'Export' -> select 'Local file' -> select 'Spreadsheet' -> click 'OK' -> provide file path -> click on 'Transfer'.

ALV contents will be downloaded.

Regards,

Aparna

0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

I have added a standarad button "Save as Local File" on the ALV tree display(oops) whose Function code is EXPORT . we need to handle this explictly..Like when sy-ucomm EQ EXPORT . If not,how to proceed.

Thanks & Regards,

Padmasri.

0 Kudos

Hi Padmasri,

I already mentioned that there is no need to add button. This functionality is provided in ALV grid itself.

You just have a look at each menu bar button of ALV. you will find one option called 'Export'. when u will find this option, just follow the procedure i mentioned.

Regards,

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When 'Save to local file' button pressed, you have to call method 'FILE_SAVE_DIALOG' in the class 'CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES'. Give the path where to store the file in the presentation server.

Thanks,

Phani Diwakar.

0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Can you provide some samples in proceeding the way you suggested abv.

Thanks & Regards,

Padmasri.