Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am developing one RFC which will retrieve some data from ECC 6 machine. This RFC is working fine now with one user.

My requirement is to restrict another user to access some records of table pa2002 depending on pernr.

I know for the same i have to use authority-check, authorization field , object method. But i am getting confused in using built in authorization object. How can we get values for particular authorization field??

Can anybody help me??

Thanks,

Prashant

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

well the thing with authorization objects works the other way round.

you do not check pernr´s or such.

a given authority object is needed come across the authority check.

the users either have that authority object or not.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

For one user i don't want to give the access to the HR master data. For that there are following authorization object,

P_PCLX HR: Clusters

P_ORGIN HR: Master Data

P_ORGXX HR: Master Data - Extended Check

P_PERNR HR: Master Data - Personnel Number Check

But how to assign this object to to any user

0 Kudos

hi,

you have to create a role using PFCG transaction and give your authorization object and then give the role for user in SU01.

Generally this will be done by basis people .

0 Kudos

I have created User role. Where to give authorization object??

0 Kudos

hi,

in PFCG goto authorizatiopns tab ,there click change authorization data,there you can give your objects.

0 Kudos

there are only few objects. the objects which are displayed in SU21 are not shown in that list.