Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Items Price population

Hello,

I am unable to understand the workings of the price lists. I have defined the various price lists and given the pricing accordingly to each of the items.

Next, I have specified the default price list for each of the Business Partners, so that when creating a transaction such as Sales Quotation or Purchase Order, the price of the item from the default price list can get populated on the transaction screen. However, the price does not get populated and in some cases, a completely different price (INR 16.00 instead of INR 1950.00) gets populated.

I am unable to understand why the prices do not get populated. And where does the value INR 16.00 get populated from. I all cases, I am talking about the unit price of the item while creating the transaction. I have not defined any special prices nor any Hierarchies/Expansion.

The Hierarchies/Expansion doesn't work either, but that is another issue. Or is it related in anyway to this problem?

Awaiting your expert views.

Prajwal

replied

Hello Prajwal,

In SAP Business One a specific hierarchy determines how a price is selected in a marketing document.

In the Item Master Data, the price which can be seen in the 'Price list' -> 'unit price' field displays the price for that item in that specifc price list, it has no effect on the selection of the item's price in a marketing document such as an AR invoice. For more information how the item price is selected in a marketing document, please see the Expert on Phone (EoP) newsletter article:

[How is the default item unit price determined in marketing documents?|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=29524391]

Also to find out more information about the Unit Price in the Item Master data, please read the following EoP newsletter article:

[Can a default price list be defined in the 'Item Master Data'? |https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=23593860]

I hope this helps

Noreen

Edited by: Noreen Armstrong on Oct 8, 2008 1:35 PM

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question