cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items Price population

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am unable to understand the workings of the price lists. I have defined the various price lists and given the pricing accordingly to each of the items.

Next, I have specified the default price list for each of the Business Partners, so that when creating a transaction such as Sales Quotation or Purchase Order, the price of the item from the default price list can get populated on the transaction screen. However, the price does not get populated and in some cases, a completely different price (INR 16.00 instead of INR 1950.00) gets populated.

I am unable to understand why the prices do not get populated. And where does the value INR 16.00 get populated from. I all cases, I am talking about the unit price of the item while creating the transaction. I have not defined any special prices nor any Hierarchies/Expansion.

The Hierarchies/Expansion doesn't work either, but that is another issue. Or is it related in anyway to this problem?

Awaiting your expert views.

Prajwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prajwal,

In SAP Business One a specific hierarchy determines how a price is selected in a marketing document.

In the Item Master Data, the price which can be seen in the 'Price list' -> 'unit price' field displays the price for that item in that specifc price list, it has no effect on the selection of the item's price in a marketing document such as an AR invoice. For more information how the item price is selected in a marketing document, please see the Expert on Phone (EoP) newsletter article:

[How is the default item unit price determined in marketing documents?|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=29524391]

Also to find out more information about the Unit Price in the Item Master data, please read the following EoP newsletter article:

[Can a default price list be defined in the 'Item Master Data'? |https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=23593860]

I hope this helps

Noreen

Edited by: Noreen Armstrong on Oct 8, 2008 1:35 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajwal,

Your question is how to set default price list in marketing document.

Actually, this is very complicate process involving many options. Just start from easy part, the default price list is easier for A/R marketing documents. You just need to set default price list for each customer under payment tab.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajwal

I am out of answers, as I have never had this problem before with pricing not showing on the documents. I would suggest opening a support message on the portal with SAP.

Last resort would be to activate any price field on form settings and see if the price is displaying somewhere else. IE. price before discount, price after discount, etc.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I have tried displaying all fields in the transaction screens and everything seems dependent on the Unit Price field. Unless I fill in the price manually, no price is automatically entered and is usually blank. Or else, in some cases, a totally different number gets populated. What baffles me is where that value is being populated from and why isnt the actual price that I want from the price list being populated on the fields.

I am having a creepy feeling that this could be a bug, unless I am doing something wrong (which, again, I am unable to figure out).

I'll post a Q to SAP and see what response I get from them. Thanks for your help though!

@all: Anyone else got any ideas for me to try?

Thanks!

Prajwal

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prajwal,

The Pricelist associated with the BP Payment Term is what is used when you create the marketing document.

Please read the threads on the link below

If you want different Pricelist for different BP's having the Same Payment Term, you will need to define Special Prices.

Inventory > Pricelists > Special Prices

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Gordon Du: I am pressuming that the default price list is what is set in the Payment Terms of the BP Master, which is what I am setting.

@Suda Sampath: I have not created any special prices as yet. I am just trying to populate the Unit Price in the marketing documents from the default price list defined in the BP Master, which is not working.

I'll try creating a brand new company and check from there.

Still waiting for a working solution.

Thanks!

Prajwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set Price List under

1. Administration - Setup - Busness Partners - Payment Terms

2. Under Each BP's Payment Terms, you can override the setting above.

In another word, you can set all BP's price list individually.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajwal

I remember a tick under Document Settings that had something to do with Unit Price. Go to Administration > System Initialization > Document Settings and check all the tick boxes. Also check on the Sales Quotation or Purchase Order under Form Settings if the default price list from the BP is showing correctly.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I dont see anything that relates to the Unit Price in the Doc Settings. Neither is anything amiss in the form settings.

Still waiting to know where I am going wrong!

Prajwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajwal

What version of SAP Business One are you using? Can you check on an item under item master if all the relevant prices show on the header.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

2005B PL :42 is the version of SAP B1 that I am using.

I am not sure if I have understood you correctly. When I open the Item Master and check the price of the item, the relevant price can be seen when selecting the price-list from the drop-down field.

However, the same price does not get populated in the transaction screen. I am also selecting the relevant price-list as the default price-list for the BP in the BP Master.

I am still wondering where I am going wrong.

Prajwal