Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Writer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to convert a report writer program to a normal report with some additional functionality. I am not able to understand the report writer(how it is fetching data & forming the output).

Is there any approach to understand the report write. Please help me.

Thanks,

Gopi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no way to read report writer program because it generates in background internally.so the only way you need to understand its functionality from the owner who created report writer and understand what purpose of this and what necessary relational fields and tables he has been used for.so than you may write your Z report which based on same functional/technical flow as report write was.

1 REPLY 1

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no way to read report writer program because it generates in background internally.so the only way you need to understand its functionality from the owner who created report writer and understand what purpose of this and what necessary relational fields and tables he has been used for.so than you may write your Z report which based on same functional/technical flow as report write was.