Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Debugging remote - ecc 6.0 --> 4.6C

Hello,

we are developing Web applications in WD Abap on an ecc 6.0 system. The necessary data are provided from a 4.6c System.

Question.

I need to DEBUGG the functionality on the 4.6C system with input from the website (ecc6.0 application). Can anyone give me a hint or tell me which settings are necessary - in 4.6C or in ecc 6.0.

note: in 4.6C there is no tab (at least i don't have one) with 'Debugging' like there is in ecc when you do 'tc_SE80 -> go to -> abap editor -> debugging'.

thank you in advance.

Former Member
replied

>

> I think you should be able to set an external breakpoint in ECC6 at the point where the RFC call to 4.6c happens and then you should then jump to the 4.6C system.

>

> Give it a try.

>

> Regards

> Carl

I concur and can say that I have done this myself. Although 4.6C doesn't have any options for external breakpoints (they didn't come until WebAS 6.10), you can just set the break point in the ECC6 system at any point before the call to 4.6C. When you step into the RFC call, the debugger will continue stepping into the 4.6C program. You might need to set your Debugger settings in ECC 6 to classic debugger. I can't remember if you get an automatic switch to the classic debugger when stepping into 4.6C or not.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question