cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partmer number ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would welcome others who have experienced the following issue with BP number ranges in SRM 5.

Basically, the system has been set so that when Business Partners are created by the system, for example end users, org plan nodes and so on, the system standard internal interval and number range 0000000001-0999999999 is used from t-code BUCF. Now the issue is, we are about to bring over our R/3 vendor records who also use the same number range, for example vendor number 300012 and as it is impossible to create two number ranges which overlap in customising t-code BUCF, even though the R/3 number range would be external.

Aside from using u201Cu201DInternal Number Assignment Onlyu201Du201D selection on BBP_VENDOR_GET_DATA, which I do not want to use, what other options are available in SRM 5 to get by this?

Thanks,

Steve Walsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here you need to understand what difference between vendor number and BP.

In SRM the system will recognize any object through BP only. and for vendor we need config a number rang in cross applicationsetting as like as in ecc. why becuase we stright way replicating the vendors from sap back end system. for accouting purpose we need the same number.

that we did we in cross application settings.

do write to me if you have any queries on this

regards

satish

Answers (0)