Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am getting error when i am posting Idoc. How i can debug this Idoc.

regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

use tcode we19 , enter your idoc no and click on the inbound function module push button then check call in debugging mode to debug.

Edited by: karthik arunachalam on Oct 7, 2008 3:15 PM

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

use tcode we19 , enter your idoc no and click on the inbound function module push button then check call in debugging mode to debug.

Edited by: karthik arunachalam on Oct 7, 2008 3:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

another wa<y to Debug an Idoc.

1. Go to BD87

2. make a right click at the IDoc and choose restrict and process.

3. delete the check at the bottom(Background Processing)

4. Go ahead

5. edit -> process -> Foreground at Error

Now you can check why this error is appearing ... But not for every IDoc Type !

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just placed a search with your subject line(How to debug Idoc) and i got 183 results.

you may need to do same before posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boss,

The idoc is inbound or outbound . if it is inbound idoc the transaction code is WE19 .go to that and give the idoc number

and debug it.

With Regards,

Narasimha Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is the better approach. Identify the Posting Program using which you are posting the IDoc. Now, in that Posting Program, check if it is using a BAPI or BDC to post the Data into the Transaction(s).

Also, you can perform a Global Search for the Statement "CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION" which will give you a hit list of all the Customer Functions being called. Among those, you can find one such Customer Function which will have the TABLES parameter as somthing like IDOC_DATA or INT_EDIDD etc.

Put a Break point at the location where that Customer Function is being called. Or, if you have some additional Custom Segment / Fields to be added to the IDoc, then you would be writing your code in the same Customer Exit. Put a Break Point there.

Finally, Go to the Transaction WE19 and post your IDoc. It'll take you to the Break Point. Examine the Data during Run Time and correct it if required.

Also, check if the Data / Confirugation relevant for the data contained in the IDoc is maintained properly in SAP. Because, if you are trying to post a PO IDoc to Create a Sales Order with the Sales Area as AA, BB, CCC and there are no values in SAP for the given Sales Organization, Distribution Channel & Division, then it is not a fault with the IDoc. Rather, it is a Data / Configuration issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue solved Thanks