cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing: Communication Medium 'Letter' does not exist?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just noticed now that in this release 6.0 apparently SAP does not include the letter as a standard communication medium..

For instance, if I go to IMG> Marketing > Marketing Planning and Cpg Mgmt > Campaign Execution > Define communication medium, I can add a 'Z'entry called Letter, but then to assign the Comunication Methods and Transaction types (folder below) I do not see the Postal (letter) option...Any suggestions?

Regards

Hugo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hugo,

We have detected the same behaviour and we're asking the same question. Do you know somethig new about this issue?. Before consider other options as using actions we would like to know if you have got futher information because it seems very strange that functionality had been erased from new release.

Thank you very much in advance Hugo.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically, according to SAP there is no longer available the option of communication letter since release 5.2;

They have now an option which is named u2018File Exportu2019 and what will happen is that when you run the campaign choosing that option, a CSV or Html file will be automatically attached in the campaign (in the attachments field block).

To assign the communication medium u2018File exportu2019 go to:

SPRO> CRM> Marketing pln and cmpg Mgmt > Campaign execution > Define communication medium

To create a variant, define the format you wish and to save the file as an attachment when you run the campaign you need to go to:

SPRO> CRM> Marketing pln and cmpg Mgmt > Campaign execution > Define File export Variants

Finally, what you need to do is export that file (you can do it to your local PC) and then use the list of business partners generated in a 3rd party software (for example: MS Word). In MS Word you have there the functionality Mail Merge, where you can map your fields coming out from the CSV file with the ones that you define in MSWord.

In my point of view this solution itu2019s more complex and time costing than it was in the previous versionsu2026

..and the biggest problem is to convince the customer that he has to enter in a different application (MS word) to map the columns of the csv/excel file and then build the letter!

Regards

Hope this helps

Hugo

Edited by: Hugo Reis on Nov 12, 2008 4:35 PM