Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cou;n't create Purchase order .

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I created successfully a material, say M-46, in MM01.When I created a purchase order for the same material in ME21N,I get system message "Material M-46 not maintained by Purchasing".So,I couldn't able o create the purchase order.

Is there any configuration required related to MM?Please help me for which I will be grateful.

With thanks and regards,

S.Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to MM01 and enter same material and select "Purchasing" view and maintain for the same plant and then try creating PO in ME21N.

Tx

Uts

Award if helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go to MM01 transaction, enter the Material code , system default the Industy sector & material type.

Then select the Purchasing view. enter the details and save the material

Your problem will be solved.

rgds

gsc

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> "Material M-46 not maintained by Purchasing".

Go to MM01 and Select Material M-46 and Select Purchasing View and Enter the Values in Purchasing View and Save.

Else You Can Extend the Purchasing View for Material in MM50 Trxn code also

Go to MM50 and Select Material and Select Maintenance Status as E Purchasing and Execute and in Next Screen Select Material and Click on Maintain and Enter values and Save.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> You have not maitained the PURCHASING view in Material master....Pls again go to MM01 extend the material with the new view....

This will solve the problem...

Hope it helps...

regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Create a plant. assign it to a company code. Create a Purchasing Org. Assign the same to the created plant. Create the vendor for the said P.Org and the co.code.

All this can be done in SPRO.

Once u have all this place then the PO can be created.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prasanna

Award pls if helpful

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error comes if the material is not maintained for "Purchasing" view in material master.

So to rectify this check in MM02, is material M-46 is maintained for "Purchasing" view or not?

If not then go to MM01 and enter same material no and select "Purchasing" view only and maintain for the Plant. And then try creating PO in ME21N.