Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE config & Idocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to Transport Idocs from XI server to ECC-R3 server(Both are Different Servers).

I need help in creation of Logical Systems, Ports and Partner Profile Creations.

Before that i have few doubts,

1. What is the Significance of "Assigning Logical Systems to Client?"

2. What is the Significance of the "Customer Distribution Models?"

Now my questions?

1. How many Logical Systems must i have in ECC-R/3? Do we need to create any LS in XI server?

similarly how many Ports and Partner profiles i need to create in both ECC and XI servers.

Actully Inbound Process runs in ECC by using a Process Code(It drives our custom FM).

Thanks in Advance,

Sekhar.J

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Ask Ur Basis consultant to configure the logical systems and Rfc destination. after that u can start ur process. In this question ure not mentioned how many receivng systems u had.

2. If u distribute the distribution model view in BD64 then no need to create partner profile and ports. it will automaticallly generated.

With Regards,

Narasimha Rao.

0 Kudos

I hope i don't need to maintain Custom Distribution Model as of now.

Can anyone tell how many Logical systems should i request from ECC-R/3 side?

I am not clear in ECC, For how many LS i should request.

One Logical System for ECC-R/3 is enough ? Or i need to create 1 for Ecc and 1 for XI in my ECC-R/3 system?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sekhar.J

0 Kudos

Hi

I think for a client in a server, you can have one Logical System..and it should be in both R/3 and XI servers....

Regards,

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One Logical system on R/3 side will do . You dont require on XI side .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets Take everything One by One:

1. What is the Significance of "Assigning Logical Systems to Client?"

*Answer: Logical System is nothing but a Name assigned to a Client for Data Transfer, which will be used as the name of Sender or Reciever System.*

2. What is the Significance of the "Customer Distribution Models?"

Answer: CDM is generally required when you have Multiple Recievers for your IDOC, and you want to have ALE/IDOC settings for all Recievers in a central place. You achieve the concept of segment Filtering & IDOC reduction via CDM.

I need help in creation of Logical Systems, Ports and Partner Profile Creations.

*Creation of Logical Systems:It can be defined by TX code BD54. Just enter the name and description of LS.

Creation of Ports: Go to transaction WE21 to create a port which will be used for transferring the data.

Creation of Partner Profile: use Txn WE20.*

Now my questions?

1. How many Logical Systems must i have in ECC-R/3?

Only One

Do we need to create any LS in XI server? No

similarly how many Ports and Partner profiles i need to create in both ECC and XI servers.

Only One Port & Partner Profile in XI server.

Thanks,

Ajay

0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually I am getting an XML file for a Customer from MDM to XI.

XI converts XML to Idoc. this Idoc would be processed by R/3.

I need some clarifications from XI side:

1. Does XI send messages from partner profiles?

2. Can we use Serilization Group concept in XI system. So i can process messages without error in R/3.

3. Do i need to schedule "Serialization Programs(RBDSER03...etc)" in XI server too?

Thanks,

Sekhar.J