cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update SAP Netweaver developer studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently downloaded

"EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 - Preview Version SAP Evaluation Software"

and

"SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.1 SP00".

Now i wanted to play around with its web services feature. But i could not find the options mentioned in the documentation / pdfs at sap site to make web service / session beans. Then i found this "The NWDS_platform.zip file contains the kernel of NWDS. The kernel does not contain the SAP features necessary to develop SAP NetWeaver applications. The SAP features are installed with the update manager."

It says go to Help -> Software Update -> Find and Install.

When i do that it shows EHP1 for SAP Netweaver developer studio 7.1 Update Site and when i click finish it starts asking for user name password. Now i am niether a partner or a customers so what can i do to update developer studio.

Basicall i wanna play around with web services / expose my own web services and call them using soap sonar or some custom client.

-> Please point out the EXACT forum if this is not the right one.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

You should not perform the online update of the NWDS, instead perform the update by selecting this folder: C:/NWDS/SDNIDECE7110PREVIEW/IDE/ which contains the update files.

The update files are already provided by the download.

Best regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, it solved my problem. Updated developer studio using local files on disk.

Answers (0)