cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No drilldown on reportviewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the Crystal ReportViewer in Visual Studio, the drill down reports display, but the drill down does not work. The cursor changes to a magnifying glass at the right place, but double clicking does nothing . We have now conclusively proved that the problem is when you convert a Crystal 9 report to Crystal 2008 or using a Crystal 9 report. Everything works fine if you create a new Crystal 2008 report. Is there a conversion program available or am I the 1st person in the world to pick up this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need more infoemation.-

VS version?

CR version with service pack?

Just for information we need to make sure about the references used in VS for the upgraded reports and as well CR 2008 must have integrated with VS with out any issues.

Check the version of CR viewer in the application is it of CR 2008?

How you upgraded the reports?

Is new report is working fine?

Hope that help you in norrow down the issue.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same problem with VS2005 and VS2008. Currently using VS2008. I made sure the version inside VS is referencing CR2008. It displays 12.0.2000.0

I have already installed SP0 (no change)

You upgrade the report by opening it in CR2008 designer and saving it. When you do this it warns you that you are upgrading the report and that new functionality will be unavailable if you use older versions of Crystal.

Yes, as I said, if I design a new drilldown report, it works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you developing web appliaction if yes then check the version of CR in web.config.

Give a try to update the Database connection also from the designer only - from set datasource connection option.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it is a windows application.

You expect me to manually update all 3000 reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was a suggestion to just narrow down the issue and to find out the cause of the issue.

try it with one report.

Do you see this issue in the CR designer?

Note that if the issue exists in the CR designer, the issue will exist at runtime also and needs to be resolved in the designer 1st.

Amit

Edited by: Amit Singh on Oct 7, 2008 3:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have updated the Database connection, but the problem persist.

There is no problem while running the report inside the designer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can this be seen as a bug? If so, how do I report it? (The SAP helpdesk does not except bug reports)

0 Kudos

Hi Japie,

PLEASE do NOT enter more than one instance of an issue.

You also have this posting in which Trista verified it's not an issue or a bug:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=17286570&messageID=6069616

You need to do more debugging on your side and not simply assume there is a bug. It's likely a permission issue on some dependency file.

I'm closing this case also

Answers (0)