cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While Making System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am making a system copy of my production server.The package level of Basis and ABAP in PRD is 56.

I have installed a new machine,then i have applied patches till 57 in the new machine.Then i have attached the PRD database ie.. the DATA files and the LOG file to new system and after that when i was executing the STM tool, the error i am getting is, 'The package level of SAP_ABA is 56,the mimmum package level required is 57'

When i have applied the patches till 57 for both ABAP and Basis, then why is the system recognising the patch level till 56 only.I am not able to proceed with the things.And i dont know where i am going wrong.All the steps were correct.Can anyone help me out in this issue.

Immediate reply will be appreciated.

Thanx

Regards

Mudassir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mudassir,

you can always follow the system copy guide, for system copy.

But if the prod is in different patch level from the new (target) system, then after each database copy (unless you apply those patch 57 to prod) you've to again apply the patch 57 to the new (target) system to make your script work.

As already mentioned - when patches are made to a system, those are in the database only. so copy overwrites the target.

Debasis.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have installed a new machine,then i have applied patches till 57 in the new machine.

can you tell me why you did that? The patches are installed in the database, if you copy the database over from another system then you delete the one, you just installed the patches...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then what is that i have to do now.

Before when i installed a new machine and when no patches were applied to it except for the default. When i tried running the STM script even then it gave me the same error.

Then i tried in this way even now it is giving me the same error, what could be the reason.

Or is there any other method of making a system copy.

Regards

Mudassir

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your copy seems to be finished, I don´t see a problem

Or is there any other method of making a system copy

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

151603 - Copying an SQL Server database

Markus