Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining RAW field with CHAR field

TobiasMeinzer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi fellows,

I need to join two tables within one view. In table 1 there is a ID of RAW/16. The same value but in different type (char/70) is placed in table 2. How can I manage a join on that IDs with these tables? I tried to convert the types by using FM SCMS_TEXT_TO_BINARY. Unfortunatly this converts not only the type but also the value which has to be the exactly same after "type conversion".

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers

Tobias

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to have the same primary fields in both the tables for a join . either have CHAR16 in both the tables or use some other key field.

0 Kudos

Since the referring ID has to be the key field I am not able to use another one. Furthermore I cannot change the type of the RAW16 field as it is a SAP standard table.

With which type do I fill RAW fields through Open SQL statements? Char / String doesn't work.

Cheers

Tobias

0 Kudos

solved: had the wrong test data. I just put the charXX to a string and then into the raw16 field.