cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to set approval in two stages.The 1st approval will go from user to HOD i.e head of department for approval & the same once from HOD will go to manager .What should be done in such case.

Regards-

mona

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot it works

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mona,

When you setup the Approval Stage you need to select both the User who need to Approve and in the Number of Approvals Required change it to 2

No. of Approvals Required

Define how many of listed users have to grant approval in this stage.

If, for example, two users are listed who can approve a transaction but the value 1 is entered, then either of the users can approve the transaction. In contrast, if 2 is entered, then both users have to approve the transaction. The document would remain in draft mode until all approvals have been granted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SUDA,

I TRIED IN THE WAY YOU SAID IT WENT TO HOD FOR APPROVAL BUT WHEN HOD ADDED THE PO IT SHOULD GO AGAIN IN DRAFT FOR MANAGER APPROVAL BUT IT IS BEING GETTING ADDED.WHERE HAD BEEN MY MISTAKE I M NOT GETTING.IF U COULD HELP ME OUT.

MONA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

From what I understand is that the HOD is Adding (i.e, Saving the Document to the SAP) where as he should not save the same to system but only Select if the Document is Approved or Not on the Approval Request Screen.

If any changes are done by the HOD then the Document can be updated but after updating the same should not be added. The HOD is given Authorizations to Add the document then The Documetn will be saved.

So When the HOD gets to Approve a Document he can see the documetn and make necessary changes, and then update and not add.

Thus the Document will still be in Draft mode and will await approval from the Manager.

Hope this answers ur question.

Regards,

Rohan S. Kamble.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

I believe your set-up is not complete -

Try the following -

1. Define 2 separate stages - one for each approver with no.of approvals required in each stage = 1

2. In the approval template, in the stages tab, link both the stages in the order you require.

This should enable the approval workflow to go to first approver and after his/her approval, to the next approver in the next stage.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hamsa