Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Missing .NET SDK for XI 3.0 (BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk.dll)

Hi,

I've been evaluating XI 3.0 (aka. Crystal Reports Server 2008) and I believe I've encountered a showstopper with .NET development. My research and efforts are leading me to believe that there is NO .NET SDK for XI 3.0.

Can anyone confirm or deny that a XI 3.0 .NET SDK exists?

My search started when I could not find the required DLLs

[1] My installation seems to be missing at least this DLL: BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk.ddl This has already bee reported by another person here:

BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk dependency error

Another party reported the SDK did not exist yet and that is why the DLL mentioned above does not exist

[2] After futher research it appears that a .NET SDK is not available in Crystal Reports XI 3.0. This was discussed here:

Problem with .NET

I'm really confused because there is documentation to support the SDKs here:

https://boc.sdn.sap.com/developer/library

Specifically I'm interested in using the Report Application Server .NET SDK for XI 3.0 as documented here:

https://boc.sdn.sap.com/node/10619

The exact call my code finds the missing dependancy is on the following method: CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.EnterpriseSession.GetService()

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

+CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.EnterpriseSession.GetService(String serverName, String serviceName) 0

+CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.EnterpriseSession.GetService(String serviceName) 37

TXOPortalWeb.ReportViewer.LoadReport() in <REMOVED>:44

TXOPortalWeb.ReportViewer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in <REMOVED>:27

+System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) 15

+System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) 33

+System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) 99

+System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() 47

+System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 1436

Can anyone confirm or deny that a XI 3.0 .NET SDK exists?

Thanks...

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question