cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing .NET SDK for XI 3.0 (BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk.dll)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been evaluating XI 3.0 (aka. Crystal Reports Server 2008) and I believe I've encountered a showstopper with .NET development. My research and efforts are leading me to believe that there is NO .NET SDK for XI 3.0.

Can anyone confirm or deny that a XI 3.0 .NET SDK exists?

My search started when I could not find the required DLLs

[1] My installation seems to be missing at least this DLL: BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk.ddl This has already bee reported by another person here:

Another party reported the SDK did not exist yet and that is why the DLL mentioned above does not exist

[2] After futher research it appears that a .NET SDK is not available in Crystal Reports XI 3.0. This was discussed here:

I'm really confused because there is documentation to support the SDKs here:

https://boc.sdn.sap.com/developer/library

Specifically I'm interested in using the Report Application Server .NET SDK for XI 3.0 as documented here:

https://boc.sdn.sap.com/node/10619

The exact call my code finds the missing dependancy is on the following method: CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.EnterpriseSession.GetService()

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

+CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.EnterpriseSession.GetService(String serverName, String serviceName) 0

+CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.EnterpriseSession.GetService(String serviceName) 37

TXOPortalWeb.ReportViewer.LoadReport() in <REMOVED>:44

TXOPortalWeb.ReportViewer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in <REMOVED>:27

+System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) 15

+System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) 33

+System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) 99

+System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() 47

+System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 1436

Can anyone confirm or deny that a XI 3.0 .NET SDK exists?

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

You are correct, there is no .NET SDK for XI 3.0.

The SDK documentation you link to shows only .NET SDKS for Crystal Reports, RAS (which is available Inprocess in Crystal Reports), and Web services. There is no .NET SDK for Enterprise in 3.0. It will be available in XI 3.1.

Since you are using Crystal Reports Server 2008 I am not sure when the update for it will be available.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Thanks for the reply ... At least I can stop looking for it now.

FYI: The RAS SDK Documentation has sample code that leverages the Enterprise SDK (which doesn't exist). See here: https://boc.sdn.sap.com/node/10961

This is where I came unstuck. The C# code can never run without the Enterprise SDK. Specifically the code will fail on the following line at runtime looking for the dependency: BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk.dll

enterpriseService = enterpriseSession.GetService("InfoStore");

-Gareth

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct, you can not log into Enterprise without the Enterprise SDK.

I think they just moved the RAS SDK info over without changing the documentation since it is typically used in the context of enterprise itself.

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The BusinessObjects Enterprise .NET SDK will be available with XI 3 Service Pack 1.

It recently RTM'ed, and will be GA (General Availability) soon.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda