cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External No range in EXCISE INVOICE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD-CIN Experts,

We are marinating two series group in S1- Domestic Sales Series and S2 u2013Export Sales Series for number ranges in Excise Invoice.

My requirement is that for S2-Number ranges should be external number ranges u2026 How we can achieve this,

I tried in Tax On goods movementu2014india ---tools -

no ranges define the no ranges with year and also ticked external ( I tried both of J_1IEXCEXP and J_1IEXCLOC)

When I crating Ex Invoice in j1iin------

1. excise invoice Number - Field is greyOut so no chance to enter the no

2. When I am saving it is giving error that u201CError in allocating Excise invoice number Number object J_1IEX**** Message no. 8I336

Can u help on this ,

With Red..

jeevan.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to have external Number Range for Excise Invoice.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh for reply

can u kindly explain why it is not possible even though there is option of external check box

With Regads

jeevan.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the field PrePrint ExcNo. in which you can enter the external number series. For the excise invoice you can maintain the internal number only. Link will be established between excise invoice number and PrePrint ExcNo as the data will be stored in the tables.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

External Number will be as reference in a field and it will not be possible to serach an Excise invoice based on External Number in Standard SAP. It will be possible through development, that the Excise Invoice is searched through External Number.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Banka,

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

We are using the TAXINN procedure and are implementing only Sales scenarios(No Excise Taxes).

We have around 22 plants in different states and UTs. Some states have 2 plants. I need to

maintain "Invoice number ranges(Billing locations)" for all the states and UTs. These number ranges have to be differentiated based on Local intra-state Sales(VAT) and Inter-state Sales(CST) for each and every plant. Customers are located in all the states and UTs.

Please do mention the object type thats needs to be used.

Thanks,

Anil