cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Banks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a question about banks, I hope I am in the correct forum.

From a review of house banks set at my company I have noted one with no GL code assigned to it. What would be the impact of this, could payments still be made from this account?? I am unsure as to where the posting could be done if the account has no GL code?

Also during the processing of electronic payments is it inherent in SAP that the GL account and bank account number cannot be changed by the user?

The payment program F110 generates [ayments from the AP subledger only I think? Once this is done how is the payment secured from being changed e.g. AP gl account, vendor name, amount, currenct, bank details etc?

Thanks for your help

CT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Yes payments could be done from this account (automatic and manual) because this is not the relevant configuring point for that functionality. The relevant configuring point is "bank determination". The only impact would be that Electronic Bank Statement will not be uploaded and posted for this account.

2) Yes in EBS processing is inherit from GL account related with house bank and the accounts defined (masks) in EBS configuration.

3) F110 generates payments to vendors (transfers, checks...) but also could be configured to payments collections from customers such direct debit.

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for your reply.

For the account with no GL account configured it has a 'discount' account. What is the significance of this please?

So this means all relevent accounts are defaulted from the config and end user cannot amend?

Thinking of just the payments, is it inherent that once the payment progran F110 generates the transactions using the AP subledger data then a user cannot overwrite the payment details e.g. chnage the amount of vendor? Or is this done via some form of authoirisations?

Thanks

CT

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Do you mean that the house bank without GL account configured in FBZP is a "discount" account. I am not sure the significance in your company, but at SAP level, It would only affect if you try to upload and post the EBS.

2. Yes at general level, but you can post the EBS manually (trx FEBA) and there, you can change the postings rules for each posting. You can also define that you want to review the postings. Then postings will be made step by step (like a Batch Input) and you may change manually the accounts one by one.

3. No. Amounts, dates (posting, document)... can't be modify.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again,

Points added.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for your reply.

For the account with no GL account configured it has a 'discount' account. What is the significance of this please?

So this means all relevent accounts are defaulted from the config and end user cannot amend?

Thinking of just the payments, is it inherent that once the payment progran F110 generates the transactions using the AP subledger data then a user cannot overwrite the payment details e.g. chnage the amount of vendor? Or is this done via some form of authoirisations?

Thanks

srinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

srinu

What is the meaing of your post?