Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looping a single branch in User Decision Step

former_member193382
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me is looping possible for a single branch in user decision step in a workflow?

If yes, How?

I want like to loop the step cancel and keep workitem inbox.

Whenever the user clicks cancel and keep workitem in inbox in a user decision and again executes the WI i would like the workflow to start execution from the step just above the user decision step, i.e; Display PR.

This is my requirement. Tell me how can i implement it?

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

instead of doing so, you could try to enter that method as "secondary method" or "before method" within the tab-strip "Methods".

If you used your own coding for a decision, you could enable the exception 8015 of the method's result, which is the cancel-button. If you did so, you can enable that outcome in the workflow-activity's definition.

Best wishes,

Florin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193382
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

used secondary methods

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the standard it is not possible. Because cancel is not an outcome of the task. So you would need to create a subtype of the object DECISION in which you make a version of method PROCESS in which you make it so that when the user presses cancel it is triggered as an outcome. The result of the decision task can be bound to a container element which you use in the loop.

That's about it.

Regards,

Martin