cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest version of ACF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with Adobe Interactive forms.I have developed form using Web Dynpro for Java.

All the controls (button , dropdown) in the form are working fine with adobe reader 7.0 but not with version 9.0. ACF is not installed on my system.

1. Will this problem be solved by ACF installation?

2. Where can I get latest version of ACF? I have already seen note 766191. URL privided in the link is not working.

Thanks,

Apurva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apurva,

Any special reason for using ACF enabled forms? SAP-Adobe have come with up ZCI (Zero Client Install) forms and to use that goto the InteractiveFormElement in NWDS and change the displayType property to native.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for the reply.

I changed displayType property of Interactive Form to native.

Its still not working.

Regards,

Apurva

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apurva,

Try this code in wdDoModify view and see if it helps:-

IWDInteractiveForm iForm1 = (IWDInteractiveForm) view.getElement("<name of your form here");
iForm1.setDynamicPDF(true);

Also Adobe 9.0 Reader is still not supported I believe. Try to check your form in Adobe Reader 8.1.1 and below.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I added the code in wdDoModifyView. Its still not working.

After changing display type, do I have to delete the controls and create them again?

What are the steps for ZCI?

Also, Many users of the application are having Adobe Reader version 9.

Is there any work around available?

Thanks ,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to use the controls from the WebDynpro Native tab if you are using ZCI based forms

Regards

Thashin

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally speaking there should not be any changes to standard controls like Numericfield, TextField but you can delete them and try.

As for drop-downs and if the Button is of Submit type then yes, depending on type of form you select elements from the respective library.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan & Thashin,

I am using controls from 'Web Dynpro' Tab. There is no 'Web Dynpro Native' tab .

Also, I read in one thread that layout type should be changed to ZCI. But, I am not able to find type property in layout tab.

Could you tell me where can I get latest ACF version?

As ZCI is not working , I would like to try activeX forms also.

Regards,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpuvra

Can you tell me what version of the Adobe Lifecycle Designer and NWDS you are using? The type property that the thread is talking about the interface property that you change when using adobe forms on the ABAP side

Regards

Thashin

Edited by: Thoshin Naicker on Oct 7, 2008 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My NWDS version is 7.0.14.

Adobe Lifecycle Designer version is 7.0.

Regards,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need :

Adobe LiveCycle Desinger 7.1 patch level 1 or higher(Adobe LiveCycle Designer version "7, 1, 3129, 1, 296948").

Please refer to NOTE number : 1055911

Regards

Thashin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apurva,

You need the ALD version as specified by Thosin, but you dont need to delete the existing Dropdown and add new ones from WDP Native library. Instead you can use the ZCI Updater utility and convert the existing ACF form to ZCI form without any manual editing. Please follow Note 1042394 - Updating Interactive Form template with ZCI capability for more details.

Cheers,

Arafat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apurva,

How did you finally solve this problem? Could you please reply to my thread -

We are facing some problems like 'button not triggering action' which we suspect are coming due to wrong version of acf.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Anagha