cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate reports from RAS 9 to CRS 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My existing system includes: RAS 9, C# Windows Application and ASPX Website.

With RAS 9, we simply copy reports to report folder in Report Servers (RAS) and can display them in Windows Application or ASPS Website by the way of pass report path to ReportClientDocument variable.

But I have to upgrate RAS 9 to CRS 2008 and migrate all reports from RAS 9 to CRS 2008.

I know that RAS is one of component in CRS 2008, can i use RAS in CRS 2008 like the way of RAS9 (copy file and display reports by the way of pass report path to ReportClientDocument variable)?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Visual Studio .NET SDK for Crystal Reports Server 2008 is not available at this time and I do not have a date for its release though it is expected soon.

You should be able to load the reports the same way.

There are new links on our Developer Library Site:

http://diamond.businessobjects.com/developer/library

Choose:

"Crystal Reports 2008 SDK Documentation and Sample Code"

You will see there are specific Crystal Reports 2008 Help files, Tutorials and code samples for "Report Application Server .NET SDK".

Elaine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Elaine Dove,

Your reply is very useful to help me to know more and more CRS.

I have download sample code and tried to run "rcapi_cs_add_parameter" sample solution, but not successful, the problem is :

"COMException was unhandled by user code"

"Failed to find an available Report Application Server."

at:

boReportClientDocument = boReportAppFactory.OpenDocument(boInfoObject.ID, 0);

The boInfoObject.ID has determined value.

Give me advise more.

Thanks,

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is because the code you are trying to use contains Enterprise code as well. There is no Enterprise SDK with XI 3.0, it released with XI 3.1 which just went GA and should be available soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to ask you more about CRS 2008.

- If Crystal Reports Server 2008 does not support .NET SDK, can I add Cystal Reports 2008 .NET SDK references to my application to let my application to connect to CRS 2008.

- All the samples in "Crystal Reports 2008 SDK Documentation and Sample Code" that I download from http://diamond.businessobjects.com/developer/library are ASP.NET website, could you give me some samples in windows form. I tried reuse sample code in windows form application but it does not run perfectly.

Thanks,