Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Upgrade XI 3.0 to nW PI 7.1: DEPLOY_ONLINE error at Downtime step

Hi, we trying upgrade XI 3.0 (Netweaver04, AIX 5.3, Oracle 10.2.0.4) to Netweaver PI 7.1.

At "Downtime" step of upgrade, it stops at JAVA phase "DEPLOY_ONLINE" with error in "/usr/sap/XIU/upg/java/log/DEPLOY_ONLINE_DB_DOD_02.LOG":

{

Oct 3, 2008 10:57:33 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j710.deploymentmgr.DeploymentManagerImpl [Thread[main,5,main]]: Deployment finished with error. See Deploy Controller log /usr/sap/XIU/upg/java/log/deploy_2008-10-03_10-43-32.log for details.

Oct 3, 2008 10:57:33 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j710.deploymentmgr.DeploymentManagerImpl [Thread[main,5,main]]: Deployment of archive /usr/sap/XIU/upg/java/data/archives/ADSSAP04_0.SCA for component sap.com/ADSSAP aborted

Oct 3, 2008 10:57:33 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j710.deploymentmgr.DeploymentManagerImpl [Thread[main,5,main]]: Deployment of archive /usr/sap/XIU/upg/java/data/archives/BASETABLES04_0.SCA for component sap.com/BASETABLES aborted

Oct 3, 2008 10:57:33 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j710.deploymentmgr.DeploymentManagerImpl [Thread[main,5,main]]: Deployment of archive /usr/sap/XIU/upg/java/data/archives/CAFUM04_0.SCA for component sap.com/CAF-UM aborted

Oct 3, 2008 10:57:36 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.doExecutexAbstractPhaseType.javax862x [Thread[main,5,main]]: Exception has occurred during the execution of the phase.

Oct 3, 2008 10:57:36 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j710.deploymentmgr.DeploymentManagerImpl.deployListxDeploymentManagerImpl.javax496x [Thread[main,5,main]]: Deployment exception. See log /usr/sap/XIU/upg/java/log/deploy_2008-10-03_10-43-32.log for details.

Oct 3, 2008 10:57:36 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeDeploymentManager.executexPhaseTypeDeploymentManager.javax507x [Thread[main,5,main]]: Error while executing DeploymentManager phase with action deploySlot. Check the log files for the specified action.

}

in "deploy_2008-10-03_10-43-32.log":

{

Oct 3, 2008 10:57:33 AM [Error ]:Deployment Exception during deployment phase 'DeploymentException',cause=[ERROR CODE DPL.DC.3068] The Deploy Controller cannot unlock the database because of the offline deployment. The deployment could not be performed.; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.lock.DCLockNotFoundException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DC.3104] Cannot perform 'unlock' operation in 'DB' for argument 'deploy_controller/lock/single_thread' and user 'Deploy', because it is not locked.; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: A configuration with the path "deploy_controller/lock/single_thread" and cid "unknown" does not exist.

}

Did anybody get this error and found solurion?

Former Member replied

We solved our problem (my problem):

I applied the patch and moved the .jar file as instructed and it did notwork. I did find the fix though. I used the 10.0 Oracle Client during

install of the PI system, and this was incorrect. Once I installed the

10.2 client, everything worked perfectly. So, perhaps this patch and

.jar file is an issue for some problems, it was not ours. All of this

info. kind of set off and alarm in my head that I used an older Oracle

client, which was the case. So, I updated the client which is just a

file system/kernel overwrite process, and things started working. Make sure you are using the correct Oracle Client, and have applied

patch .5 (if on 10.2.0.4, making it 10.2.0.4.5) via Opatch, which is required for 10.2.0.4 and do the

post processing (lengthy) for the .5 patch. Everything works after all

of this.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question