Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

se18 showing different screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts,

I am studying tutorial of BADI, Acc to the any tutorial whem I am trying to create a BADI in SE18 it is showing two radio buttons on the screen one is Enhancement spot and another is BADI name, Now i am getting congused that how to create BADI anyone please guide me as soon as possible

waiting for the positive response.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use BADI Name radiobutton...

Thanks

Amol Lohade

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use BADI Name radiobutton...

Thanks

Amol Lohade

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using ECC 6.0, and when i am giving name as z_my_first_badi in badi Name radiobutton it shows u cant create badi, I think i am not getting the avtual use of BADI, Anybody plz send me the BADI tutorial for ECC 6.0 with full explanation........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check what version of R/3 you are using.

If you are using any version below ECC 6.0 you will not get the enhancement Spot input. You wil only get a BADI input.

This enhancement is a new concept in the ECC 6.0 version of SAP system. Even if you are using ECC 5.0 you will not be getting the Enhacement SPOT option.

Regards,

Pramod

Edited by: Pramod Manjunath on Oct 7, 2008 12:11 PM

P561888
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try to check for the versions i think u r using the 4.7 and material is made of ECC .. check this ...

regards,

bharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to se18 -> give some name in enhancement spot -> eg: zbadi -> click create -> then give some short text. and press enter. Now you will get the create icon and now u can create the badi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Good

Please check the below link, this will guide you to create a BADI using Tcode se18.

http://www.sapmaterial.com/badi.html

Thanks

mrutyun^

former_member598013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shelly,

Please See the below steps to find the BADI and few Links which would be helpful for you to understand the conept of BaDI.

BADI Info:

Method 1:

Go to Tranaction: SE24.

open class CL_EXITHANDLER

Open the method " GetInstance"

Put Break point in the statement

call method cl_exithandler=>get_class_name_by_interface

Now execute the Transaction which you need teh BDC it will automatically stops at the the method. In debugging mode double click on the variable: " exit_name" It will return the BADI Name.

Method 2:

find the Package name and go to the tranaction SE84.

Enter the package name

inside the left navaigaiton panel there is one option " Enhancements" click on this enhancement and then enter the package name and execute it. you will get hte number of enhancement.

*&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

How to create custom BADI

http://www.esnips.com/doc/1e10392e-64d8-4181-b2a5-5f04d8f87839/badi.doc

*&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to use Enhancement spot radio button as we cannot make a Z... BADI using BADI name radio button we can only add a custom code in existing standard BADI and we cannot create a new one.

So check the enhancement spot radio button.

thanx.