Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Extraction.

former_member184624
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi BW Experts,

Can you please help on extracting the data from CRM to BI. I need to extract the data from 0BBP_ORGUNIT_HR01_HIE datasource (Master datasource).Is it same as ECC Extraction or do i need to perform anyother steps

Steps :

1. In RSA5, we activate the particular datasource.

2. The activated datasources are displayed in RSA6.

3. We can check the data by using RSA3.

4. Replicate the datasource in BI.

Can i do the same steps from extracting the data from CRM to BI.

Please help on this.

Thanks,

Jelina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the handling of loading trasaction data and master data from CRM to BI is the same as loading from ERP to BI.

Kind regards

/martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

CRM extraction is a bit different from lo extraction. here u can use the

in crm also we use the transactions Rsa3,Rsa5,rsa6,rso2.

but there are some transactions like

BWA1 which is used to map a Bdoc structure in CRM system to a extraction datasource field.

and BWA7 is used to BW adaptor monitor the delta qs simmilar to that of RSA7 in LO.

BWA8 for the BW adapter process maintainance.

and one more difference is thhere is a difference in the compleate extraction procedure from a crm system you can find the details of this architecture in BW350 trainings sessions or in CRM900 trainings from SAP.

but normal procedure to be followed is :

1) first identify the datasources in CRM system in tcode rsa5

here you can find most of the data crm sources under tree root->0crm.

select the usefull sources and transfer them .

2)you can test these data sources in transaction RSA3 or just go to Rsa6 and chek there.

3) if these data sources wont give the compleat information required ..you can enhance them by adding more fields to them in transaction RSA6. but if you enhance them you eighter got to mapp them to an existing bdocs in bwa1 tcode and enable the deltas. or you cna write your own function module to fill those fields

4) finally replicate these data sources in the BW system

5) map them to the infosources and maintain transfer rules

6) and then yau can create infopackages and extracthem

hope this helps you ..

Reagrds,

Shikha

former_member184624
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shikha Goel,

Thanks a lot for ur valuable inputs.I was trying to extract data for Organization unit that contains hierachy also. As per the steps i used the transaction RSA9, and activated the application component hierarchy. After that i used the TCode:BWA1 to find the extract Structure. I used the standard datasource "0CRM_ORGUNIT_HR01_HIER". The System gives an error as "Entry is too long for the field".Can i able to see the extract structure for this datasource. As i am new to CRM Extraction,Can u pls help on this.

Do we have setup table Concept in CRM Extraction also.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Jelina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No CRM doesnot involve setup table filling ..

Regards,

Shikha

Answers (0)