cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Equipment No same for 2 Equip in different Plants of same company code?

former_member654170
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please tell me if there is any possibility of having same Equipment No for 2 Equipments in Different Plants.

The 2 plants are in the Same Company code.

e.g. Equip Plant Company Code

1) Equip_DIE Plant1 A

2) Equip_DIE Plant2 A

If it is possible how the Equipment histroy and Breakdown history is updated in the PMIS.

Also tell me the advantages and Disadvantages of keeping same Equipment no for 2 diiferernt Equipments or otherwise keeping different equipment no.

With best regards,

Narendra Dere

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is no possiblity of having same number for the two equipment.

The number range for the equipment will be assigned at company level not at plant level, so there is not change of having same number for two equipment.

Reagrds

Srinivas

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member654170
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thaks all for all ur inputs

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra Dere,

The equipment number (EQUNR) is unique and cannot be duplicated anywhere in a given client.

Did you want this functionality, and if so, why??

PeteA

former_member654170
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete ,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

Actually I am doing implementation for 5 plants within same Company Code.

They are geographically distant (say 50km from each Other.)

The Finish Product is same but the method is different.

They have already assigned some Equipment Numbers in the Plant for Regular Maintenance Activities.

Since Planning and Maintenance can be done at the different Plant and team of the MAintenance is different, they dont hv anyproblem if equipment number is same. Otherway they wll have the added advantage that they can continue with there own Equipment no which can be same in differnt Plant.

e.g 800TONPRESS - Plant1

800TONPRESS - Plant 2.

With best regards,

Narendra Dere

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

this can be mapped by giving the internal number range and in the description go woth equipment number,

if teh equipment plant 1 goes to plant 2 then you don't have option to change the equipment number.

-ashok

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra Dere,

You must have different equipment numbers for the two equipment.. But you can use the Technical ID field to enter the common names.

Are you using internally, or externally generated numbers?

PeteA

former_member654170
Contributor
0 Kudos

External Number Range since I hv to Number the Equipment as they used to it.

narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narendra Dere,

I hope you are using external number ranges for equipment masters, system will not duplicate the same number even the plant is different, the same thing is applicable even for the internal number range.

You can use the Tech ID field in Structure tab page to identify both the plant equipment as same number and develop a new report as you require for the history, with the help of ABAP team.

Regards,

Praveen.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

narendra,

Wherever possible, SAP recommends the use of internally generated equipment numbers.

Some of the main reasons are as follows:

- You can never change the equipment number (EQUNR) once created. And the physical equipment number may well change over its life

- Duplicates are not possible -- that's why the Technical ID is made available

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narendra Dere,

As to my knowledge this is not possible, since the number range of the equipment is @ client levle not the plant level, so it doesnt accept the same equipment number for 2 equipments even it is in different plants.

and also this is not suggetable, as we are not sure how the history gets updated in PMIS.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i think its not possible of having the same number for the different plant equipments.

check this message no IS806

-ashok

Edited by: ASHOK on Oct 7, 2008 12:36 PM

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can have same number for equipment for different plant even if company code is different.

No disadvantage or advantage for it. Those equipments are individual of different plants and can be maintained by different planning plant or same plannig plant.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai