cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontract delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I read somewhere that for subcontract PO, we can use the ME2O to create the delivery orders and PGI with mvt type 541.

When I try in my system, I got the error message Dlv. type (dlv. catgry for mat. <material number> and BWART ) cannot be determined

In this configuration, how is the Dlv type/Dlv catgry determined? where to configure this? Is there any good materials on this that I can read up more on?

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor

Hi,

If you want to transfer Materials to Subcontractor through "SD Delivery" then following needs to be done first;

From SC Stock Monitoring for Vendor as a Delivery via Shipping

From the SC Stock Monitoring for Vendor list, you can also create a delivery via Shipping. The advantage of this procedure is that you have shipping documents and delivery notes for the shipment of the materials to be provided to the subcontractor (refer to Goods Movements via Shipping)

To create a delivery, the following data has to be maintained in the system:

1. The plant must be assigned a sales organization, a distribution channel, and a division. You can define this in Customizing for Purchasing, in the step Set Up Stock Transport Order.

2. A delivery type has to be defined for the plant from which the items are to be delivered. You can define this in Customizing for Purchasing, in the step Set Up Subcontract Order.

3. If you want to reference a reservation when you create a delivery, you also have to set the Predecessor necessary indicator to L (Provision to subcontractor necessary) when defining the delivery type. This means that the requirements generated by the reservations can be correctly offset against the deliveries created. You can define this in Customizing for Shipping, in the step Define Delivery Types.

4. The vendor for the stock with subcontractor must be entered as the customer in the organizational units in the delivering plant, such as sales organization, distribution channel, and division.

5. The material to be provided has to be entered for the organizational units in the delivering plant, such as sales organization, distribution channel, and division.

6. The combination of shipping condition (from the subcontractoru2019s customer master record), loading group (from the material master record for the components to be provided), and the plant have to be assigned to a shipping point. You can define this in Customizing for Shipping, in the step Assign Shipping Points.

To create a delivery, go to ME2O, here select the Subcontracting PO and then choose Edit > Create delivery. A dialog box appears, in which you can enter the data required to post the delivery. The system posts the delivery in the background and, after posting, it informs you in a dialog box how many items were posted.

Also check following configurations;

OVX6 - Assign sales organization - distribution channel - plant

SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Purchase Order > Set Up Subcontract Order > Here assign Delivery Type "LB" to Plant

SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Purchase Order > Set Up Stock Transport Order > Define Shipping Data for Plants > Here assign the Customer Code of Plant and Sales Area to the Plant

Note: - Customer Code of Plant is to be created in XD01.

Check whether Material Master is extended to the Sales Area.

OVL2 - Cross-check Shipping Point Determination

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member223894
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

We have done the SD and MM settings  in order to get the delivery from subcontracting as you mentioned but the delivery route field is empty furthermore the freight cost can not be calculated.

Our goal is to add the freight cost to the inventory hich is sent to subcontractor.

I have created the delivery from ME2O and from Subcontrating monitor(ADSUBCON)

What settings must be done ir order to achieved this?

Thanks

former_member224245
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Have you configured Routes in customization?

former_member223894
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

We have made some settings and the route and freight cost was created, however, as I mentioned before the goal is to add the freight cost to the inventory which is sent to subcontractor, but the freight cost created from transport was not add to the inventory cost, it was a independent service and it was not what we want.

Thanks

Jorge G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.,

I think u r clicking Create Delivery tab rather than Post Goods Issue tab.

Please check it

Regards,

Satpal