cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field selection group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are having a requirement in which we have make one of the fields in material master as required entry but since we are having a field selection group, all the fields in the group become required entry.

So wanted to know can we create a new field selection group and assign to that paticular field in OMSR so that in OMS9 we can make that particular field selection group as required.

Request to kindly do let us know how can create a new field selection group and assign.

regards,

mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, thread closed.

0 Kudos

Hi

In OMSR screen, go the required field and enter the new group 241/250.

Now a new group is created. But the field will be removed from the original group.

Gobinathan G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks Gobinathan for the reply,

But the system is giving me error message as "Only field groups from 1 to 240 are allowed" if I'm giving any figure beyond 240. How can we create a new field group.

regards,

mahesh.

0 Kudos

HI

As you have mentioned you can not make a single field as required field.

1 to 240 are standard field selection groups. You need to create a new group , may be 241 / 250 and assign your field to this group.

Once you assign the field to 241 /250, it will be departed from the original group. Now you can change the settings for your group 241/250.It

Ensure that you are making this setting ( Making field selection group as required ) only for your material type.

Gobinathan G

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to OMSR and Define New Field Selection Group and Assign the same in OMS9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Áshøk Kümàr,

For the reply but would be highly grateful if you let me know how can we create a new field selection group in OMSR.

regards,

mahesh.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the Field Name Doesnot Exist in the Existing Field Names then Only system will allow to Create New Field Selection Group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Áshøk Kümàr,

But then are you trying to say i cannot give a new field selection group to existing field. Then how do we make that particular existing field as required entry.

regards,

mahesh.

0 Kudos

Hi

Select the field and click ' Copy as ' icon , now enter 241/250 .

Gobinathan G

Edited by: Gobinathan Govindarajan on Oct 7, 2008 12:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gobinathan,

But when we say copy we are creating a new field as the field already exists. We want to chage the status of exsiting field only.

regards,

mahesh

0 Kudos

Hi

By copying the entry from OMSR screen , we are not creating a new field. We are removing the field from the existing group and assigning it to a new field selection group.

Please let me know still if you are not clear.

Reward points, if the problem is resolved.

Gobinathan G

Edited by: Gobinathan Govindarajan on Oct 7, 2008 12:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gobinathan,

When we say copy the system goes to screen "Change view field groups", Here we need to enter the field name and since the field already exists system gives error message "Target key must be different from source key" so we have to change the name of the field which i suppose should not be the case.

regards,

mahesh.

0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow the following steps

1) Transaction : OMSR. Select the feild and change the field selection group to 240. (0 to 200 are standarad groups)

2) Make the field selection group 240 as requied for your material type.

Hope this should resolve the issue.

Gobinathan G