Did you mean: 

SMTP - mail service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i configured the SMTP for mail service.

I can able to send mail to our domain ( for ex: abc.com ) - default domain

i gave SMTP Connection as : mail.abc.com

the above scenario --- will work for me if i send mail to our default domain. but i am not able to send to yahoo, gmail.

Please help me ...

--- Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow this,

thnx

Debasis.

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Oct 7, 2008 11:39 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is simply a problem with the SMTP Relay agent... you need to make sure that the IP address of the SAP System is populated on the SMTP relay agent for the mails to leave the domain.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now in SCOT , in SMTP node , i gave Mail host as SAP server IP.

Now all message is going out. but i didn't get it in my inbox of yahoo or office mail id.

-

As per your above mail, How i want to populated my SAP server IP to SMTP relay agent ?

Please some detail need ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's must be done at your mail server only so contact you mail administrator and ask him to allow SMTP relay to outside domain from your sap server ip address .

regards,

kaushal

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

In the SCOT, SMTP node you need to have the SMTP server address. if you've given the sap server IP address, then revert it back.

What Juan has already mentioned,

"you need to make sure that the IP address of the SAP System is populated on the SMTP relay agent for the mails to leave the domain." that means you've to tell your SMTP mail admin guys to add the SAP server IP address in the relay agent.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

We maintained the sap server public IP in SMTP relay of our mail server. Still it is not working.

Only for our domain only working. For external mail like yahoo & gmail it is not going..

Edited by: Lee green on Nov 5, 2008 4:05 PM