Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required information on E-Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to E-Sourcing, can anyone explain below questions:

1. Using which technology it was built i.e like Java, BSP etc...

2. once i sent RFQ from ERP to E-Sorcing through XI, where this date will store in E-sourcing tool. Are there transsactions to find?

3. If i want to add filed to RFP process, what is the process?

4. How E-Sourcing tool will communicate with Vendor and how venor logs in?

5. What is the process of Contract Life Cycle management in E-Sourcing?

6. What are the settings/configurations we need to do in E-Sourcing tool to communicate with ERP?

I found user guides in Service.sap.com, but i am clear with that.

Thanks in Advance

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi, Here's the info I'm able to provide for your questions:

1. Using which technology it was built i.e like Java, BSP etc...

The underlying technology for eSourcing is primarly Java, very little C Sharp (Contract Gen) and the backend is Oracle

2. once i sent RFQ from ERP to E-Sorcing through XI, where this date will store in E-sourcing tool. Are there transsactions to find?

All the data values for ESOURCING transactions will be stored in the Oracle database tables. You will have to search using specific document id's to search the transactions. ESOURCING doesn't have t-codes yet.

3. If i want to add filed to RFP process, what is the process?

Question unclear. However if you'd like to add files there's attachment utility in all the modules.

4. How E-Sourcing tool will communicate with Vendor and how venor logs in?

If email functionality is configured correctly within ESourcing, the applications sends out emails to vendors based on the transaction type.

Vendors login using the supplier side portal of the application. The account needs to be set up on the buy side using LDAP/SSO configuration for authentication.

5. What is the process of Contract Life Cycle management in E-Sourcing?

ESOURCING adheres to general CLM processes that are followed by any Sourcing or Procurement organization. Reach out to your business users to get detailed understanding of CLM process.

6. What are the settings/configurations we need to do in E-Sourcing tool to communicate with ERP?

Typically there will be integration provided by SAP out of the box, depending upon which modules need to be integrated. The integration between ECC/SRM is via XI

I found user guides in Service.sap.com, but i am clear with that.

Thanks in Advance

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your information

3. If i want to add fields to RFP process, what is the process? Who is responsible for esourcing developments(adding new fields and screens)?

4. How E-Sourcing tool will communicate with Vendor and how vendor logs in?

Vendors login using the supplier side portal of the application. The account needs to be set up on the buy side using LDAP/SSO configuration for authentication.

Who is responsible for this LDAP/SSO configurations?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

3. If i want to add fields to RFP process, what is the process? Who is responsible for esourcing developments(adding new fields and screens)?

System administrator, typically the "enterprise" user should be able to add custom fields to any module, utilizing Extension Definitions in the Set Up / Configuration section.

4. How E-Sourcing tool will communicate with Vendor and how vendor logs in?

Who is responsible for this LDAP/SSO configurations?

There should be instructions available in the sys admin guide to configure LDAP/SSO. You might have to work with someone in your company that handles Active Directory or LDAP maintenance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"However if you'd like to add files there's attachment utility in all the modules." Where would I find this utility? Do I have to do a Duet install to use MS Word in e-Sourcing CLM? Thanks much for your help. Mary Lane

Answers (0)