cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending CRM survey templates to Mobile handheld using Mobile infrastructure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a a requirement to send survey templates to handheld client using mobile infrastructure. Also the survey results have to be send from handheld client to CRM using the mobile infrastructure.

Has anybody send CRM objects using mobile infratructure? Usually CRM middleware is used for sending and receiving data to mobile devices.

But Mobile infrastucture is different from CRM middleware and use download modules to fill syncBO structures and then create XML files to send to handheld cleint. When it gets the XML results from client, it fills the syncBO from the xml and then call upload modules to send data to update backend (CRM or ERP ) objects.

Please let me know if you have done similar development and if you faced any complexities to send CRM data using mobile infratructure.

thanks

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

CRM data is not different from any other data. You understood the basic principle of MI and syncbos and you should be good. What you have to understand is that the CRM middleware is not related to the MI middleware.

To use the MI middleware you will have to publish a set of bapi wrappers to move data from your CRM system to your MI box. In the case of a single object like a survey, you will have to provide a getlist, getdetail, update, create and maybe delete.

I hope this helps,

Thank you,

Julien Guimont

msc mobile Canada inc.

http://www.msc-mobile.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julien for your inputs.

It was a very helpful answer. I am keeping the discussion open, so that incase anybody else also has worked on sending CRM data using MI, they can provide their valuable insights.

regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I´m not technical consultant but I need to know whether is possible to sync data between CRM and Symbol devices just using CRM Middleware or whether is necesary pass on MI platform to achieve that?

it is a little confusing for me to understand if CRM middleware/CDB is also needed for a Mobile scenario where I have MI also, or both are required.

Could you clarify that for me, please?

Thanks for your help