cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNTAX_ERROR when generating EWA report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have problem with solman system when generating EWA report, the error occurred after upgrading SP, the current status is SAPKB70013, SAPKA70013, SAPKW70015, SAPKNA7011, SAPKITLQI4, 700_2007_1 0000. We cannot continue to SAPKB70014 since the kernel level is too low.

The error is:

SYNTAX_ERROR

Short text

Syntax error in program "RDSVASAHW_CAPACITY_________013 ".

What happened?

Error in the ABAP Application Program

The current ABAP program "SAPLDSVAS_PROC" had to be terminated because it has

come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

The following syntax error occurred in program "RDSVASAHW_CAPACITY_________013

" in include "RDSVASAHW_CAPACITY_________013 " in

line 5730:

"The field "ET_OSCOLLINFO000099" is unknown, but there is a field with "

"the similar name "ET_OSCOLLINFO000098". "ET_OSCOLLINFO000098"."

Error analysis

The following syntax error was found in the program

RDSVASAHW_CAPACITY_________013 :

"The field "ET_OSCOLLINFO000099" is unknown, but there is a field with "

"the similar name "ET_OSCOLLINFO000098". "ET_OSCOLLINFO000098"."

Please assist me to fix the problem since the report is urgently required by our Management.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,

Rudi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

I've deleted and replaced the service definitions many times without problems. Essentially it's just deleting lots of table entries and replacing them again. It's not changing coding or reports. I'm not aware that the service definitions are deleted and replaced by any support package. You might consider updating to SP 8 for ST-PI 2005_1, since the mechnism for deleting and replacing the service definitions is made easier as of that support package. (It can then be done from within SDCCN.)

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I've followed according to the notes you have given, and the problem has been solved.

Many thanks & Warm Regards,

Rudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

this problem i also got.once upgrade kernel and install basis 14th patch.i hope it is helpful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

this problem is usually fixed by deleting and replacing the service definitions. The process is described in SAP Note 727998.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for your feed back, however the shortdump occurred when running dsa transaction as sdccn transaction has no issue. Is it related to my problem? Please clarify me if i am wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Rudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

in order for SM: EXEC SERVICES to run correctly, the service definitions must be in order. (See for example note 525097). The way to make sure that the service definitions are in order is described in note 727998. It just happens that SDCCN also needs service definitions to be in order and is the main way of getting them in order. In all the cases of this short dump I have seen, the solution was to delete and replace the service definitions.

But of course I can only make suggestions to you.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

in other words, the problem is not caused by program error or incorrect field or other same kind of that?

Thanks in advance,

Rudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

my very strong suspicion is that the problem is caused by corrupt or old service definitions, that's about all I can say on the subject.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Does upgrade SP, for example SAPKB70014, can fix the problem?

Regards,

Rudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

since SAPKB70014 wouldn't cause the deletion and replacement of the service definitions, I think it's unlikely that implementing SAPKB70014 would solve the problem by itself. Is there a particular reason why you think it's not worth a try to delete and replace the service definitions? If the deletion & replacement of service definitions doesn't hepl, then I suspect the cause is in ST-SER or ST and/or their support packages, rather than a basis support package like SAPKB70014.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

The reason is i do not familiar with the steps given in the notes, therefore i am really not sure to proceed the recommendation. Do you have such experience before?

If so, what support package can delete and replace the service definition? Since we are on upgrading SP activity in the system.

Many Thanks,

Rudi