Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a role already assigned to user, user authorisation not updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello smart people,

A certain user has a certain role assigned. Now I'm gonna change this certain role. After the change I generated the role again and transport it to the other systems. (we're using CUA). If the user wants to use the new authorisation it doesn't work. When I do a check if the new auth. object is available for the user, it isn't. When I delete the role from thr user and assign it again to the user the new auth. object is available....??!!!

Is there an easier way to "update" the user?

Kind regards,

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Open the role in the tcode PFCG, there you will get a tab "User"

In that click on the "User comparison" button.

Now all the changes which you have done in the role will get reflected in the user profile.

Regards,

Abhilash

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have u done user master comparison after changing the authorizations in role . The user master comparison is very important.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Open the role in the tcode PFCG, there you will get a tab "User"

In that click on the "User comparison" button.

Now all the changes which you have done in the role will get reflected in the user profile.

Regards,

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi P,

The changes made to a role will not be readily available to an user though he/she is assigned to the role unless the user master record of the user has been updated to reflect the change which can be achieved by user master comparison.

Go into PFCG and then into the role and then perform a user master comparision in the user tab or else u can also do it through PFUD

Thanks,

Saby..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keltjens,

Since you are using CUA, you need to make changes with teh role in the master system. Then user comparison and Text comparison will be done which help to reflect the changes in child systems.

Regards,

Veerendra.

0 Kudos

> Since you are using CUA, you need to make changes with teh role in the master system. Then user comparison and Text comparison will be done which help to reflect the changes in child systems.

I'm sorry but this is (or looks like) an incorrect answer. Roles are maintained in, or transported into all systems where they're actually needed.

The CUA master only needs the role name to be able to link it to the user.

As far as role maintenance is concerned, only the user assignment is maintained in the CUA master.