cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP require authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a problem, actually our mail serivce in configure in SAP and it connects to mail server directly. but now, the IT team of mail server has changed some policy and now its require authentication, even if we send any mail to outlook and now we are unable to send the mails from SAP to any email address. could you please help me that how can we chage the setting into SAP for SMTP authentication.

Regards

Subhash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow this thread to have more information on SMTP.

You mentioned that you're able to send mail to any email address.. do you mean to restrict the mail to only some domain like your company addresses? *@abc.com

in that case, you can try

go to SCOT > Select SMTP node> from menu Nodes > Change - in the supported address type under internet - Set > Check Address area. maintain your company domain here. like abc.com, instead of *

hope this helps,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

On the default domain address is indiabulls.com but when we try to send the mail to even our official address it is not triggering, it is waiting for the SMTP serivce. it was working fine on last week till that authentication policy on mail server was not configured, but now its not working

Regards

Subhash

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to send one test mail to your company mail id, by going to SBWP > New mail.

once you send it, go to SOST and check what status the mail message is coming..

I assume, as it was working before, you have RSCONN01 program running as background job.

thnx

Debasis.

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Oct 7, 2008 12:21 PM

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Oct 7, 2008 12:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error 718

message cannot be transfered to node SMTP due to connection error (final)

it was working fine when SMTP authentication was not required

Regards

Subhash

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Not sure, looks like they have changed the settings from SMTP server side, which doesn't accept the mails from SAP side..

I'm looking for the error you provided. if I come accorss anything will let u know.

Regards,

Debasis.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the thread..

you can ask the smtp admin to give a better look into this.

Hope this helps

Debasis.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hope this will help

If you can send mail inside the domain but not outside... then this is an issue with the SMTP relay agent.. ask your Mail Admin to add the IP address of your SAP system to the relay agent.

thx

Shilpa

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@ Shilpa,

If you can send mail inside the domain but not outside... then this is an issue with the SMTP relay agent.. ask your Mail Admin to add the IP address of your SAP system to the relay agent.

Not only Copy and Paste information is against the "Rules of Engagement" but copy and paste info from one of "MY" replies is just daring...

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

I'll be watching

Juan

0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Currently there is no authentication present in SCOT that will enable SAPconnect to authenticate with your mail server. You will have to ask your mail administrator to use the Hostname or IP address of the SAP system as authentication.

Hope this helps

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Michael.

Regards

Subhash