Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Is eCATT dead ???

Hello Everybody

My first experiences with eCATT (on SAP release 6.20) date back about four years. At that time I was impressed by the much improved functionality and usability of eCATT as compared to the old CATT.

In 2006 I attended several eCATT sessions at the TechED in Amsterdam where they demonstrated the new features of eCATT delivered together with the latest SAP releases.

However, in the company I previously worked for rumours spread that SAP might not further develop testing tools like eCATT. This company was also offering consulting for the testing tools of Mercury which is the market leader in software testing.

In 2008 I attended a session at the SAP Solution and Technology Days in Regensdorf dealing about:

SAP TAO - Test Acceleration and Optimization

One major statement in this session was that instead of further developing own testing tools SAP will tightly integrate the testing tools of HP/Mercury into SAP (Solution Manager).

Looking at a reference I found in the internet [Getting Started with SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization|http://www.hp.nl/thrive/files/sap_tao_customer_facing_deck.pdf] you find the term eCATT on the second page of this presentation but nowhere else anymore.

Having seen the enormous functionality of the HP/Mercury testing tools in my old company I am convinced that

eCATT is dead !

So what am I expecting from the people answering this thread?

• You may confirm my opinion

• You may have arguments to override my opinion

• You may have more information about if and how eCATT is integrated into SAP-TAO

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Uwe

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question