cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Licence Clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If we go for only 500 SAP R/3 Prof licences but need more than 1000 ESS licences and ESS requires user ids to be created in SAP R/3 as well for some of the services like viewing payslip, personal details, applying for leave, loans etc;

So is it allowed to create the additional ESS user ids in SAP R/3?

Appreciate any guidance on this.

Thanks

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ESS License and SAP R/3 License are different. So if you have e.g. 1000 ESS license and 500 SAP r/3 licenese , so in total you can have 1500 ESS users in your organisation as the 500 SAP r/3 license will work as ESS users by default.So users from departments like Lisioning, Legal and Admin, to whom you don't want to give access to SAP R/3, you can assign ESS or MSS role accordingly through which they can access ESS MSS services without access to R/3.

you can speak to SAP further in detail.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

Shallu

Former Member
0 Kudos

All ESS users need to have the master data in R/3.

So if there are 1000 ESS users then 1000 R/3 users also must exist and so the license also.

Pls correct me if am wrong.

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No ESS and R/3 licenses are different.

Thanks

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

The total number of user ids you create for ESS ,you would be needing the same number of licenses.

Thanks & Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh

So if I have 1000 ESS Licences, I need to have 1000 R/3 licences as well? If I have only 500 R/3 Licences because only 500 users will log into R/3 and do transactions directly, but I would like 1000 users to access ESS, it will not workout?

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

The licnese what you are talking about is different. For ESS you will need to buy separate licenses. I would suggest you to get in touch with SAP.

Thanks & Regards

Santosh Kharje