Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding conversion exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can someone please tell me the difference between INPUT AND OUTPUT CONVERSION EXIT FUNCTION MODULES.

for example : CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_OUTPUT and CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member598013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT---- It is used to add the 0(Zero) at the begining of the value. You dont require to add zero manually for any variable.

CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_OUTPUT--- It is used to Remove 0(Zero) from the Begining of the value. You dont require to remove Zero manually for any variable. Just call this Function Module and it will automatically removes zero from the begining

Thanks,

Chidanand

5 REPLIES 5

former_member598013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT---- It is used to add the 0(Zero) at the begining of the value. You dont require to add zero manually for any variable.

CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_OUTPUT--- It is used to Remove 0(Zero) from the Begining of the value. You dont require to remove Zero manually for any variable. Just call this Function Module and it will automatically removes zero from the begining

Thanks,

Chidanand

0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_OUTPUT is used to suppress leading zeroes

ex:0000123 will give 123

CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT is used to add leading zeores

ex:123 will give 0000123

Regards,

Suresh

i048168
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the pointer below is good enough to answer your question.

Regards,

Vadi

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

generally any domain might have assigned conversion (input/output) routine. As it is obvious from the name these FM are used during input and output. For example you can have value internally represented as a number but you want to display it as a string of characters (check for example domain PS_PSPNR for WBS elements). The FMs mentioned by you are part of conversion routine ALPHA. This conversion routine is assigned to many domains such as accounting number BELNR_D.

Cheers