Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

Hi gurus

In my scenario client is having 3 comp codes under which one-one plant each and want to have stock transport

Comp1 Comp2 Comp3

Plant1 Plant2 plant3

STO from plant 1 to plant 2

plant 1 to plant 3

and

plant 2 to plant 3

how I can do this in SAP

Regards

N K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps to make STO between two plants (Different company codes).

1) Create one Customer Master in XD01 with respect to Supplying Plant Sales Area and assign this Customer no with Receiving Plant in OLME->PO-> set up STO->Define shipping data for plant and for the supplying Plant assign the above sales area. (Make sure, In Customer Master, sales Area Tab: you are maintaining shipping condition)

2) For Receiving Plant Pur. Org and Co.Code Combination create Vendor master in XK01 and in this vendor master assign the Supplying plant in Pur.Org.Data screen->Extras--> Add.Pur.data

3) OLME->PO-> Set up STO------> for your supplying plant assign document type NB, Delivery type NLCC and Checking Rule RP (If your system is 4.6 and lower use T code OMGS instead of OLME)

4) Then for your supplying Plant and receiving Plant assign Document type NB.

: Assign the Delivery type ZNLC to the document type/Supplying plant combination

Assign Stock Transport doc. Type to Supplying plant/Receiving plant combination (OLME).

5) Make sure you are maintaining Sales View for the material at supplying Plant and in Sales /Gen plant Data view maintain Availability check, Loading group and Transportation group.

6) In SPRO-->Logistics execution> Shipping->Basic shipping functions->Shipping point Determination>assign shipping points-> For your Loading group, Shipping Condition and Supplying plant combination, Assign shipping point (OVL2)

In the Material Master for plant 1(the receiving plant), in the Special Proc. Key in MRP 2 view enter Special proc key defined. (This indicates that the material is going to be procured from plant 2). Do the same setting for all combinations.

These are the configuration settings you have to do in background.

Maintain source list as material to be procured from supplying plant

Then Create STO from Receiving Plant in ME21N with document type NB.

Based on that STO, Create Delivery in VL10B from supplying Plant

Do PGI in VL02N from Supplying plant

Do GR in MIGO at Receiving Plant keeping outbound delivery as a ref. document.

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/configure-intercompany-stock-transport-order.htm

For more refer to above link.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Here you need to do STO between company code to co.code...

The process between plant is as follows:

1)Create one Customer Master in XD01 with respect to Supplying Plant Sales Area and assign this Customer no with Receiving Plant in OLME->PO-> set up STO->Define shipping data for plant and for the supplying Plant assign the above sales area.( Make sure,In Customer Master,sales Area Tab: you are maintaining shipping condition)

2) For Receiving Plant Pur. Org and Co.Code Combination create Vendor master in XK01 and in this vendor master assign the Supplying plant in Pur.Org.Data screen->Extras--> Add.Pur.data

3) OLME->PO-> Set up STO------>For your supplying plant assign document type NB, Delivery type NLCC and Checking Rule RP

4)then For your supplying Plant and receiving Plant assign Document type NB

5)Make sure you are maintaining Sales View for the material at supplying Plant and in Sales /Gen plant Data view maintain Availability check, Loading group and Transportation group.

6) In SPRo-->Logistics execution> Shipping->Basic shipping functions->Shipping point Determination>assign shipping points-> For your Loading group,Shipping Condition and Supplying plant combination,Assign shipping point

these are the configuration settings you have to do in background.

Then Create STO from Receing Plant in ME21N with document type NB.

Based on that STO, Create Delivery in VL10B from supplying Plant

Do PGI in VL02N from Supplying plant

Do GR in MIGO at Receiving Plant keeping Outbound delivery as a ref. document.

Now your STO bet. two plants belongs to diff. Co.Codes will be completed.

If you are doing STO between 2 co codes, then 2 material docs and two accounting docuemtns will be generated ie. for each company code...

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur reply

but my qustion is i want to have STO between 3 plants

and for this i have to change the customer every time whenever i want to receive the material

ie if i want plant 3 to procure the material from plant 2 i have to assign the customer to it and if i want to procure from plant 1 then i have to change/assign the customer of plant 1 to plant 3

here i dont want to change/assign each and every time

can u provide me the solution

NK

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This means you didn't understand the concept of assigning Customer to Plant properly.

This doesn't mean that if Plant 1 is supplying Material to Plant 2, then Plant 2 is customer for Plant 1. Assigning Customer Code to Plant means declaring that Plant as a Customer.

Here if you have 3 Plants for e.g. Plant 1, Plant 2 and Plant 3 then create 3 Customer Masters as Customer 1, Customer 2 and Customer 3 respectively same as Name of Plants and assign them in the configuration as following;

Plant 1 - Customer 1

Plant 2 - Customer 2

Plant 3 - Customer 3

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Although you will always transfer the material between 2 plant only....that may be in any combination....So you can use the above process...

Secondly, yes you have to make plant as a customer every time whenever you have to make transfers...there is no other option i see...

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i understand what u want to say

u create a customer to each plant

but when i am procuring from plant 1 to plant 3 and plant 2 to plant 3

in plant 3 i have to change the customer according to the supplying plant

i want to avoid this

HOW?

Regards

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NK,

The customer ONLY relates to the receiving plant. Therefore you can (and in fact, must) use the same customer to represent Plant 3, regardless of whether the sending plant is Plant 1, Plant 2 or Plant 4, 5, 6 .... etc.

Read the documentation associated with the IMG configuration node Define Shipping Data for Plants which is part of Set up Stock Transport Order.

Regards,

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Create Customer master records as

"Plant 1" assign to plant1 in OLME

"Plant 2" assign to Plant 2 same for Plant 3.

There is no need to change it every time. Because you are refering the same plant to which you are supplying as a customer.

procuring from plant 1 to plant 3:

Here Plant 3 is customer you assigned Plant 3 in OLME no need to change it.

plant 2 to plant 3

Here again Plant 3 is customer you assigned Plant 3 in OLME no need to change it.

Thanks

Anand K