cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need FMS to filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

how to ease the selection of item in the list of item window ? I have ever read that there was a thread discuss about it and the solution is formatted search. I have used search function to find it but failed.

The example of my problem is to choose some certain items without click, press ctrl and then scroll down to find another items and then click OK button. If I need 10 items have initial "B" and then 13 items have initial "R" then it really takes a lot of time to do that. The initial here means item description. The items will be used in the row level of documents Pls give advice.

TIA

Rajh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajh,

Please try this query. In this the user can enter 2 seperate starting chars from the Item Name. As in your Example they can enter B on the first and R on the second and all item starting with B or R will be displayed. Set this on the ItemCode field at the row level.

SELECT T0.ItemCode AS 'Item No.', T0.ItemName AS 'Item Description' 
FROM  [dbo].[OITM] T0  
WHERE LEFT(T0.ItemName,1) = '[%0]' OR LEFT(T0.ItemName,1) = '[%1]'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Suda.

I will test it first.

Rajh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajh,

The FMS is not difficult. However, to reach your goal of easing selection, you need to find the common property of the items to select from. For example, the customer bought the item before or something else. You are the boss to decide.

Thanks,

Gordon