cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPNEGO authetification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a dual stack installation (ABAP+J2EE) with an ABAP UME. I wish to implement LDAP authetification and understand that the configuration cannot be changed due to limitation imposed when the UME is ABAP. SPNEGO(kerberos) authentification is not ideal in our case (although it can be done) but I require the users to be prompted for username and password a second time opening portal session once they have been authetificated via the LAN due to security policy for ESS.

Is it possible to invoke a second challenge once authentificated via the LAN in a kerberos (SPNEGO) setup in the above scenario?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I have a dual stack installation (ABAP+J2EE) with an ABAP UME. I wish to implement LDAP authetification and understand that the configuration cannot be changed due to limitation imposed when the UME is ABAP. SPNEGO(kerberos) authentification is not ideal in our case (although it can be done) but I require the users to be prompted for username and password a second time opening portal session once they have been authetificated via the LAN due to security policy for ESS.

The SAP supplied SPNEGO login module which implements the Negotiate protocol causes the user to be logged into portal using the Kerberos credentials on workstation which were issued when they logged onto workstation with an AD domain account. Instead, it sounds like you actually need Kerberos authentication, so that the user can enter an Active Directory account name and password into browser when they logon to portal, and this account name and password is checked with Active Directory before the user is given an SSO2 ticket and subsequently logged in ? If this is correct, I don't think SAP supports this, but I know for a fact that at least one SAP partner product provides this exact functionality.

Also, the same product mentioned above will give SPNEGO support when ABAP UME is used, and does not require LDAP UME.

>

> Is it possible to invoke a second challenge once authentificated via the LAN in a kerberos (SPNEGO) setup in the above scenario?

See my above answer.

>

> Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Could you please provide the name of the SAP partner product. I was also planning to install another J2EE engine purely for the authentification part so in theory there would be a dual stack install with an ABAP datasource along with another J2EE engine to provide the authentification part.

rgds,

Hamish

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hamish,

The product is called TrustBroker Adapter. You can find details at http://www.sap.com/eapcatalog if you search for kerberos.

Thanks,

Tim