Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with the change of data element?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts

My trouble's background is:

A CBO table(ZIEBTCIITM) saves invoice items .

There are three fields relevant to quantity in it.

And they have the corresponding data elements with the same type QUAN,13 characters and 3 decimals.

Now because the quantity is so small,for example 0.00004,that the 3 decimal digit is not suitable.

I want to change the CBO table to adapt my business,so the quantity fields' decimal should be expanded firstly,and there are transction data in the CBO table.

My question is :

1) Is it necessary to backup the CBO table before data element change?

2) What should I do is Only to expand the data elements' decimals?

Anyone can give me suggestion?

2 REPLIES 2

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mic

To be on the save side I would suggest to export the table entries to Excel and create a transport request containing the original table and its entries:

R3TR TABL ZIEBTCIITM
R3TR TABU ZIEBTCIITM *

Next you should create your own data element (or search for a suitable standard data element), e.g. ZQUAN13_5 (13 digits, 5 decimals).

Replace the data element of the DB fields with your new data element and activate the DB table.

I expect that nothing will happen to the entries in the DB table except that your quantity fields should have 5 decimals now.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi,Uwe

Thanks very much.

I am a beginer to sap.

So I want to confirm with you about the following operations you suggested to me.

1)Export table entries in my product system.

2)Build a transport request ( I don't understand it )

3)Create new data elements in develop system

4)Replace fields with new data elements in develop system

5)I think,transport changes from develop system to QAS and finally to product system.

Could you give me the more details about it?