cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete/archive documents?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i created some documents in Document Management System using CV01N. Now i want to delete certain documents i created. how do i delete/archive the documents i dont need anymore?

also, how to configure behavior/properties of these documents? whats the menu path?

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls. remove it's thru' CV02n instead of using any configration.

Then remove it's from structure.

It's the standard feature of DMS.

Regards,

Vishal Kr. Sharma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set a deletion flag for document info records that you no longer require for managing documents and their original application files. Archiving object CV_DVS enables you to archive these document info records. After the archiving run, you can delete the archived document info records.

The document info records that you archive and delete with archiving object CV_DVS are identified by the following data:

u2022 Document

u2022 Document type

u2022 Document part

u2022 Version

Structure

When you use archiving object CV_DVS, you archive data from the following tables:

Table Description

DRAD Link between document and object

DRAO Originals for document

DRAOZ Additional files for original for document

DRAP Document log file

DRAT Document descriptions

DRAW Document info record

DRAZ Table for additional files for original

The following table shows the functions that you can use for archiving object CV_DVS.

Function Report Program

Archive DVSARCH1

Delete DVSARCH2 (technical view of archive: list of archived documents that you can detail down to the level of the individual table fields in documents)

Manage DVSARCH3

To call the archiving functions for document info records from the standard R/3 menu, choose Logistics -> Central functions -

> Document management--> Environment --->Archiving.